OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

gtluke

The Moped
do I need a bench? what's it for? other than a place to put tools so you don't actually put them away. I actually have a pallet bench to put back in there but I'm using it to paint stuff in the other room.
I have a closet out of frame where I keep all my tools and parts and shit. I'll take a picture of that too. I left my ibis out of that shot anyway ;)

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So I recently moved from an apartment to a house. Obviously one of the first orders of business was the bike storage and workshop area. Wife allotted me 1 room of the house for the man/bike cave. Luckily, the utility room is spacious enough and perfectly laid out for one (also one of the reasons we bought this house). I haven't started on the workbench yet, but bike storage was complete week 1. This random little alcove of the utility room was perfect. Will post workbench area when complete.
full

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just make sure you didn't count the tandem twice- technically it's only +1

I actually left that outside the photo since I will be taking it to MI this summer.

and to create a perception it's less cluttered than it really is

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I actually left that outside the photo since I will be taking it to MI this summer.

and to create a perception it's less cluttered than it really is
I am so psyched for that road trip.
It's going to be like going to Moab without all the awesome singletrack.

We have to stop in Chicago to get Iggy some beer.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just make sure you didn't count the tandem twice- technically it's only +1

how does a unicycle count?
does it provide the necessary balance to offset the tandem, or would that be a trials bike with no seat?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how does a unicycle count?
does it provide the necessary balance to offset the tandem, or would that be a trials bike with no seat?
Unicycles incur the same penalty as mimes.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I need to start over again and I'm debating on going with that same bench I built last time or one of these wider ones that @BiknBen or @jShort made but I'm too much of a wuss to freestyle it and need to have plans so I don't mess something up...

The Kalmyk

I need to start over again and I'm debating on going with that same bench I built last time or one of these wider ones that @BiknBen or @jShort made but I'm too much of a wuss to freestyle it and need to have plans so I don't mess something up...
Freestyle it... You can do it, really

I have a decent set up I just did to fit my space. Go big or go home

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
actually now that i measure it wouldn't be much bigger than 6 feet, maybe another foot or so.. so maybe not worth it. i have this weird water shut off switch that is screaming for "end the bench here"

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
All Hail the Black Market had a sweet design that I will probably use for me new house. You could probably email Stevil for the plans.

Top Bottom