OFFICIAL - Post your bicycle workbench area

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got relocated to a tiny corner where I share space with the well tank and furnace. I used to have the entire basement but because I want a spot to hide bodies (somewhere for kids to play) I needed to clear out.

It's cozy and forces me to keep organized and clean up after each job.

6B513D6A-A73D-4441-9A28-5DCA400683B3.jpeg
F4D7792D-3563-4A4B-9002-D48A2E902E62.jpeg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Well, basement shop 1 in Somerville was good, garage shop 2 in Concord has been great, but now we are moving into a new house in April/June and I have one last shot to redo this and make it right/betterer

Super happy with the hooks for hanging the bikes, I want to put my tool box under the work bench, but unsure what I'm missing. If I was close to Halters Cycles I would steal some measurements. Please post more garage bike shop inspiration

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I guess I should post what I currently have going on:
IMG_7239.jpeg

From left to right:
TV mounted on the wall is 25% indoor riding, 75% kids songs/videos while playing in the garage. I'd like to try and put that into the work bench area, but not sure it would make much sense or be too cluttered. Also end up plugging in the laptop and playing music through it. The Air King fan is 100%, no sweat indoors, but could probably take the paint off my bikes on the high setting.
The plastic shelf was suppose to be temporary, but it has suddenly become permanent. It now holds shoes/laptop/baby fan.
Mini fridge has mostly mandis lacroix in it and trader joes frozen stuff.
The metal cabinet holds just about everything, regular old tools, spare bins of really old crap, camelbaks, paint, etc. The plastic craftsman tool cabinet on the top is empty because I have no idea WTF to do with it as it was a gift.
The workbench, I love this size and will probably make this one again, but I might base it off of the height of the rolling toolbox I have to really tidy it up. I have some saws/drills/rags/etc on the shelf on the bottom, so those things may need a new home. Under the shelf I have a box of spare tires that I can't part with.
The shelves above the workbench have some orange seal, little bins of bolts, wd40, a tire lever, things I grab all the time. Plus frames and forks that are swappable/collectible/sentimental value.
I don't have as many wheels as I used to, but those hanging above the ceiling for good measure. Need to do this with a 2x4 next time instead, they have slowly been falling out of the ceiling :p
On the right where my tool box is, I have my helmets/bottles/bike food stuff. Makes sense to have all that stuff together.
Love the spacing of the bike hooks, certainly think this is the best way to store this many bikes.
Then Mandis project kitchen table for the house, which is slowly collecting things.
Just out of the picture on the right is the motorcycle stuff, that has its own bench. Will likely do that again as well, keeping scoot and bicycle things separate.

The way I have it setup, I can quickly pull a car into the garage if needed, but it ends up crushing my super soft rubber flooring. Has been bomb proof, minus the kids poking the 2mm allen wrenches through it.

Next one: I want to paint the garage walls for sure.
Tuck the tool box under. Then I would need to figure out what to do with the tool box that sits on top of the one with the wheels.
Combine TV above the workbench? Condense stuff and make it multi purpose?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I guess I should post what I currently have going on:
View attachment 143513
From left to right:
TV mounted on the wall is 25% indoor riding, 75% kids songs/videos while playing in the garage. I'd like to try and put that into the work bench area, but not sure it would make much sense or be too cluttered. Also end up plugging in the laptop and playing music through it. The Air King fan is 100%, no sweat indoors, but could probably take the paint off my bikes on the high setting.
The plastic shelf was suppose to be temporary, but it has suddenly become permanent. It now holds shoes/laptop/baby fan.
Mini fridge has mostly mandis lacroix in it and trader joes frozen stuff.
The metal cabinet holds just about everything, regular old tools, spare bins of really old crap, camelbaks, paint, etc. The plastic craftsman tool cabinet on the top is empty because I have no idea WTF to do with it as it was a gift.
The workbench, I love this size and will probably make this one again, but I might base it off of the height of the rolling toolbox I have to really tidy it up. I have some saws/drills/rags/etc on the shelf on the bottom, so those things may need a new home. Under the shelf I have a box of spare tires that I can't part with.
The shelves above the workbench have some orange seal, little bins of bolts, wd40, a tire lever, things I grab all the time. Plus frames and forks that are swappable/collectible/sentimental value.
I don't have as many wheels as I used to, but those hanging above the ceiling for good measure. Need to do this with a 2x4 next time instead, they have slowly been falling out of the ceiling :p
On the right where my tool box is, I have my helmets/bottles/bike food stuff. Makes sense to have all that stuff together.
Love the spacing of the bike hooks, certainly think this is the best way to store this many bikes.
Then Mandis project kitchen table for the house, which is slowly collecting things.
Just out of the picture on the right is the motorcycle stuff, that has its own bench. Will likely do that again as well, keeping scoot and bicycle things separate.

The way I have it setup, I can quickly pull a car into the garage if needed, but it ends up crushing my super soft rubber flooring. Has been bomb proof, minus the kids poking the 2mm allen wrenches through it.

Next one: I want to paint the garage walls for sure.
Tuck the tool box under. Then I would need to figure out what to do with the tool box that sits on top of the one with the wheels.
Combine TV above the workbench? Condense stuff and make it multi purpose?
Detail level set to maximum.

Good way to tidy up spare tools is in rubbermaind / plastic boxes help organize (hide) loose tool.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
watching this now, looks promising

That’s sick. But in the real world I take a day off of work to put together a dresser. So building a giant shop in my garage won’t happen.
plus I like to keep my car in the garage. It’s amazing how much better your car behaves when it’s garage kept.
I do need to reorganize my basement shop. It’s a shit show right meow.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I can fit mandi’s whip on one side and my scoot on the other, this is a good idea just need to scale it down slightly, though having a mini quarter pipe wood b cool

Top Bottom