official 2017-2018 biyf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delayed opening at work, so, bicycle ride in the forbidden lands.

IMG_20180117_125701_417.jpg

We got about six inches of snow today so I got a late start to my ride. No sense getting to the park and it’s closed while they plow.
I tried the trails, but it was just too deep and slippery. I didn’t feel like falling down again, at least until my leg feels better after
yesterdays ice fall. So I stuck to the roads and even that was a small challenge as they had plowed once, but the snow was still
one to two inches deep and still snowing at 2 PM. Had a good ride though, goggles working good and staying warm.
my attempted trail ride
snowee02.jpg

by the lake
snowee03.jpg

the road
snowee04.jpg

17° and snowing as I started my ride. About a mile in I hit some ice and went down like a load of *$#.
My right outer thigh hurt like a sumbitch. It seemed to loosen up nicely as I rode more.
Great trails today though, still frozen and lightly snow covered. Not as cold today and much more enjoyable riding.

da fall
View attachment 62034

Admirable job sir of upholding my tradition of crashing on ice - well done!

7 AM 8° temp and I started out on a fresh trail with no tracks.
Maybe the snow changed since yesterday, or maybe my leg felt better today.
Whatever, I got a nice ride in fresh snow for a mile and a half or two. It was
still a little tricky not to slide out, but I did good. Then I came upon some quad
tracks and rode them for a while. I had a great morning out, but started getting cold.

sunrise.jpg

My guess is coyote. And it looks like more than 1. I was riding by Baker Camp (near Lake Sebago) last year and 4 coyotes came tearing across my path (about 30 yards out). That made me "gulp". But, they didn't even give me a look.

This is one of the things that is kind of cool about winter riding. You really get to see just how much wild-life is roaming around out there even if you don't see the wildlife iteself.
Any idea who made these tracks?

Last edited:
Snow is still good here in Wawayanda, maybe after today's warm up, not so good.
I had a great ride today, found some virgin snow to ride and some quad tracks to
ride in testing my "hold a line" skills. The start was 10 ° but it should be warming up
later and messing with the good snow conditions, we'll see.

cutthrough.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom