O negative blood needed

I am O+ as well. I believe this makes you(s) universal donors for + blood types, yet we can only receive blood from other O+s.

Correct, Shaggz. The "+" or "-" denotation is for the Rhesus factor, a protein we either do (+) or do not (-) have extant on the surface of our red blood cells. If a + donates to a - or vice versa, a serious issue of unstoppable clotting results.

O- is one of the more-rare blood types, which makes young Eddie's situation all the more crucial. Please, everyone, if you have O- or can find someone who does, let Dawn know.

Paraphrase her initial post and send out a message to coworkers, family, and friends. Columbia Presbyterian Hospital is not far from us, and any life we can help is worth it.

DD-

JG

thanks for the explaination of the blood types and the "+" and "-", I personally had no idea what it meant. All I knew was O- is rare, and that I have A+

What really stinks is that I've given blood since 1988, and right now when I'd do anything to give blood for Eddie, I'm not the right type.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was just up at cycle works and apparently just about everyone in Franks family is O-. he said he's already sent a PM to dawn to find out the when/where information.

i want to personally thank all of you for your help with this. those of us with kids who so much as get a bad cold know what it's like to feel completely helpless when all you want to do is make this little person that you love so much feel better.

it's nice to know that when we have a member in need the community will come together them.

Wobbegong

I'm O+. I'd give all the blood I could if I was a match. Best wishes to the little guy. I'll pass the word to all I know to find some others with O- blood.

Last edited:
K

klutch

I am O-pos, but I am in search of everyone I know to find someone...

ArmyOfNone

I will keep the little man in my thoughts and prayers.

Ill put out the word and hopefully be able to help the cause. I'm not 0-

I wish I were the right blood type but I'm not.

So I'm sending a truck load of prayers and well wishes to Eddie and all his family members. And to all the mtbnj members who can help out. Let's keep working on this.

I'm not surprised. I'm not even sure there's a test for bse or cjd prions. They're only strands of proteins, not even alive so to speak, yet infectious.

What's the story with SA? The Africa wide HIV epidemic?

Given the seriousness and time sensitive nature of this thread,...I think this is one thread where we REALLY need to stay on the specific topic.

DD-

Pictures of Eddie

Here are some pictures of my nephew with his family. I wanted you to be able to put a face on the little boy so many of you are offing to help. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the outpouring of love and caring - Thank you so much.

View attachment 865

View attachment 866

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Passed this along at work, please pm me details so I know where to send people or what they need to say when they give.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually if you could post details here then I'll pass it on to a few other groups out there.

J

jsc1

If you'd like I will post on my company's web page as well as sending an email for donors first thing Monday. We have approx two thousand employees in the NY metro area and another thousand in the Philly area.

Just need your approval prior to proceeding. Thoughts w/ you

Scott

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Sorry I can't be of help but,I will get the word out and see if anyone else can come through for you.

Top Bottom