NJ's southernmost trail

poconoceancity

If anyone is ever in the lower end of the state in the summer for vacation in any of the Cape May County Beach Towns sneak off to Estell manor Park for a quick ride. Located less than 20 minutes from Ocean City it's a nice tight 5 mile single track loop. Not at all technical, no climbs or decents, but it's more interesting that riding on the Boardwalk.

Last edited:
S

schnauzers

poconoceancity said:
If anyone is ever in the lower end of the state in the summer for vacation in any of the Cape May County Beach Towns sneak of to Estell manor Park for a quick ride. Located less than 20 minutes from Ocean City it's a nice tight 5 mile single track loop. Not at all technical, no climbs or decents, but it's more interesting that riding on the Boardwalk.

Yikes, not in the summer! The ticks and chiggers will eat you alive.

R

RoAdRaSh

We ride there all summer long, cover up your legs and spray down with http://www.rei.com/product/768970 just make sure you dont put in on your skin, this is for clothing only. you will not get a chigger or tick unless you roll in the buck brush.............. anything is possible i guess. good luck!

Ps: we are always looking for some new riders to come out with us.

T

TWITCH1

Trail conditions

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO ESTELL MANOR RECENTLY??? I'M WANTING TO GO RIDING TODAY AND WANT TO KNOW HOW BAD IT MAY BE...:popcorn:

R

RoAdRaSh

Ride today

We are planning riding estell today. We will let you know how the trails are today. Or feel free to come out and join us a 4:30 on the single track

frickster

I was out with my son riding last Sat morning before all the rain started. Trails were in excellent condition and it doesn't appear many people have been out there yet as we did not see a single tire track on the trail -- all the recent rain may have something to do with that too!!

As for the ticks -YES IT IS VERY BAD OUT THERE!! We pulled several off and practically every stop was a tick check and found them. We sprayed up with deep woods Off and wore high socks but that didn't have much effect. Even found one attached under my shorts when I got home- uggghhh!!
EM is a GREAT ride and there are some nice small dips and lots of technical tight tree riding. Highly recommended!

Yo Eddy

Was at the shore for a weekend this past August with some friends and took one of my roadie friends here. This was his first mtn bike experience, and it definitely hooked him in...enjoyable without being overly challenging for a beginner. Great place...

argyle

i should be there tomorrow (2/20/10) around noonish to do a little snow sesh. anyone wanna join?

dan

DWeiss67

Walked the trail yesterday its 85% covered with 3" to 8" of snow still on the grd and hundreds of little pines hung over the trail...I would say if you are determined to go, the later the better to allow the snow to melt the top crust of and loosen up the snow...Its 28 right now...There was one rider yesterday but it looked like he stayed on the roads most of the time and rode in from the main park...If we don't get anymore snow it should be rideable by next weekend.

We need a warm spell to allow the pines to streighten out again there just too in your face right now...Good Luck!

argyle

Walked the trail yesterday its 85% covered with 3" to 8" of snow still on the grd and hundreds of little pines hung over the trail...I would say if you are determined to go, the later the better to allow the snow to melt the top crust of and loosen up the snow...Its 28 right now...There was one rider yesterday but it looked like he stayed on the roads most of the time and rode in from the main park...If we don't get anymore snow it should be rideable by next weekend.

We need a warm spell to allow the pines to streighten out again there just too in your face right now...Good Luck!

Yeah, I guess I didn't realize how much snow really fell down there (in south jersey). Plus, it was too wet and slushy to ride very far in. You'll probably see my tracks next week even still. There's close to a foot of snow in some places.

I gotta say, I was honestly surprised how little the park has been used. I shoulda got out on some xc skis! It was pristine.

whtbread

I haven't been out there since the last snowfall. I can't wait for the snow to melt. I am going crazy not riding.

DWeiss67

dosn't look good for riding anytime soon, I gave up and went skiing instead...now I have to ride back in this mess

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions