NJCX Cup Race #2 - Lucky Charm Cyclocross v2.0

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I still think cyclocross is dumb, but I had a really awesome time again at this event! It's definitely a cool scene, and having the liquor permit definitely helps. Too bad the fun police had to be there, but it was still a blast. The course was very fun and seemed easier to me than last year, but maybe last year I just tried harder so it hurt more. I'm in again next year for sure. Thanks Ryan and Hilltop crew!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great work @xc62701 and the Hilltop crew. I really love that course....I mean if you are going to go out there and race a MTB in a cross race...the more hills the better.

Too bad the fun police had to be there
ya for a sport as ridiculous as this one....the rules seem rather draconian. I mean @jmanic did tell everyone that the Twinkies were laced with pcp right? :)

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't be too hard on the USAC folks. They're enforcing the rules that come from on high. They don't get to pick some and ignore others. And we were pretty easily spotted being all of 200 feet from the scoring table. I was surprised Itza didn't come over sooner ;)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't be too hard on the USAC folks. They're enforcing the rules that come from on high. They don't get to pick some and ignore others. And we were pretty easily spotted being all of 200 feet from the scoring table. I was surprised Itza didn't come over sooner ;)
@xc62701 please make Tent Row not visible to USAC Officials next year. Currently looking into investing in Chocolate Twinkie Futures Contracts, deliverable early Sep 2020.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Yeah, I'm referring to USAC/whoever makes the rules as the fun police, not the one official that was there enforcing the rules. She was fine and even laughed when I asked if I would be pulled immediately or get to finish the race if I took a Twinkie hand up. I then added that I was obviously asking for a friend.

choop

It seemed the only race they cared about the twinkies was the P/1/2/3, which is officiated under a slightly stricter set of rules than the races us amatuer hacks pedal for.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It seemed the only race they cared about the twinkies was the P/1/2/3, which is officiated under a slightly stricter set of rules than the races us amatuer hacks pedal for.
1569854628823.png

It was all fun and games, until Staci took a twinkie handup...

BrianGT3

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I made it up to the race this past Saturday at took a bunch of photos from the 1030am race onwards, feel free to download. Just give credit to @teammtbnj @BrianGT3 on the instagrams and facebooks

pics can be found here:
Lucky Charm Cross 2019

@JimN
View attachment 107139

@Dave Taylor
View attachment 107146

@Santapez
View attachment 107149

@Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST
View attachment 107150

@terrabike01 - keeping the course in one piece
View attachment 107152

@seanrunnette - full send
View attachment 107153

@taylor185
View attachment 107154

@UtahJoe
View attachment 107155
@UtahJoe really is training for cx! Look at the unclip skill!
@pooriggy
View attachment 107156

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I made it up to the race this past Saturday at took a bunch of photos from the 1030am race onwards, feel free to download. Just give credit to @teammtbnj @BrianGT3 on the instagrams and facebooks

pics can be found here:
Lucky Charm Cross 2019

@JimN
View attachment 107139

@Dave Taylor
View attachment 107146

@Santapez
View attachment 107149

View attachment 107150

View attachment 107152

View attachment 107153

@taylor185
View attachment 107154

@UtahJoe
View attachment 107155

@pooriggy
View attachment 107156
Thanks for the pics @BrianGT3 !

terrabike01

pics can be found here:
Lucky Charm Cross 2019

@JimN
View attachment 107139

@Dave Taylor
View attachment 107146

@Santapez
View attachment 107149

View attachment 107150

View attachment 107152

View attachment 107153

@taylor185
View attachment 107154

@UtahJoe
View attachment 107155

@pooriggy
View attachment 107156
Thanks for the pics @BrianGT3 and thanks to you and the rest of the MTBNJ gang for coming out!! Always good seeing you guys. I'm just upset I didn't get a Twinkie handup!

Top Bottom