Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome Brett,

Thinking maybe we can to get a little more background as to riding experience, fitness, riding style... Lots of good people here and are helpful.

For example, I started mountain biking at the end of the 80s when I was a teenager and stopped in the mid 90s when I met my wife, then started a family... Still rode the rail trail with kids in tow but other than some local jump trails, that was about it. Started back once they got old enough not to want me home constantly. First on easy trails on a basic Giant Trance then outgrew it within a year and kept upgrading my bikes, fitness and trails that I ride.

Some nice trail systems in Rockland, Westchester, Orange, and many parts of NJ.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd lean more towards the Trance. Not a lot more money and the axle standards are up to date. I see used Stance's pretty often.
If it's maybe a smoking deal on a used one, sure why not? If new, I'd go Trance.

Brett

Thanks I am just starting out so I do not know to much I have a few friends that ride and they all want me to spend 4000 to 5000 but not sure if I will like it so do not want to spend that kind of money till I find out I like it and found a new stance for 1200 I currently ride a peloton bike and would love to get outside

w_b

Find a bike for 300 and absolutely thrash it. If you like it get something better. If not who cares?

Brett

Yea all my friends say full suspension and nothing over 5 years old but bikes are limited right now

TimBay

Thanks I am just starting out so I do not know to much I have a few friends that ride and they all want me to spend 4000 to 5000 but not sure if I will like it so do not want to spend that kind of money till I find out I like it and found a new stance for 1200 I currently ride a peloton bike and would love to get outside
None of your friends have a spare bike you can take out to see if you dig riding in the woods?

Honestly, with bike shortages being what they are, thats not a bad bike and if you dig it and want to get into the 4-5k range, you can sell the stance for not too much of a loss. But yeah, if you can get out on a buddys old bike or even see if any local shops have a demo bike you could rent, that'd be the best way to go.

Top Bottom