New trail(s) on Baldpate

Correct. Kevin Stout is working to rally some local support for some trail work there. Potential is good.

If you're interested in being involved in future trail work, you can contact Kevin Stout here:

http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=About_Us#Contact_Information

We need two things to happen:

a crew and some leadership to gel around baldpate, and second park permission. the latter will be straightforward, the former is the current challenge. kevin can get the ball rolling but he has his hands full with Mercer, being co-treasurer of JORBA and tallying up ya'lls paydirt hours! :)
I would be interested in helping out. I ride hear from time to time. It is very close to home. Please put me on the list for date and times. wingerso@aol.com

This Sunday may not work for me.

Trail work tomorrow:

10AM Pleasant Valley Rd Parking entrance.

Tools: rakes, shovels, trimming tools (lopers, hand trimmers, etc.)

PM me for more details or for my number if you want to show up a little later.

Didn't get this and your PM till now... kinda short notice :) next time

The trails totally sucked. Horses have been tearing up every trail there for the past week or so. Even the "no horse trail" had signs of horse prints.

Harveys trail

I hear this guy named Harvey has been making some trails. Ride the trail that by passes the power lines, go up and make a left into the woods at the trail marked with the letter U.

The trails totally sucked. Horses have been tearing up every trail there for the past week or so. Even the "no horse trail" had signs of horse prints.

ah, were those frozen ruts I encountered on thursday from horses? I didnt even stop to check it out. turned around after a mile. Whatever it was, it made for the most unrideable trails I have seen anywhere in a long time. This warm spell should help to soup it up and level things out I suppose.

The place was a mud pit. I rode from the Pleasant valley parking lot to the "no horse trail" went down that and at the end of that trail I basically walked to the wooden bridge and up the wood chip hill to find more mud trails waiting for me. The only riding I got in was going back Fiddlers Creek and up the fire road. I also noticed some automobile tracks up by the picnic tables and back thru the trails.

Back
Top Bottom