New Tire Recommendations

NJ Gator

Hey all wondering if I could get some ideas for some tires. Getting a former King hubset built up to get some use out of them before my axles become completely obsolete. Running 27.5’s on Stan’s Flow Rims, tubeless and wanted to land somewhere around 2.5 width. Looking for a tread that won’t feel too bogged down at Six Mile but can handle rockier terrain like Chimney Rock. Also these are going on a steel hardtail which pulls duty as a SS as well as a geared bike.

I thought Maxxis DHF and DHR 2 at first but they may be overkill. What about the Recons (2.6?) or the Highroller 2?

I run Vitoria Morosa 2.3’s now and overall like the tire and would consider buying the 2.6 version but would prefer to buy local if I can and my local shop carries Maxxis and schwalabe (probably misspelled)

Thanks for any and all feedback

Dirt Dawg

Have you consider the Nevegal 2.
Always had good luck with the originals at Ringwood and Jungle (sometimes you can rip a knob off the side if pinched in a rock, but in the past they have replaced a tire or two for me if during the first few rides, which is why they have my loyalty) and plan to give them a try when I need my next set.

JDurk

Have been running Maxxis Ardent 2.4s on 29" Flow EX on my rigid, steel SS. Had talked to a Maxxis rep about running a Rekon 2.6WT front on those rims, but he seemed to think the rims are too narrow.

NJ Gator

Settled on a Highroller 2’s 2.5’s. Haven’t got the wheel set built yet but will report out thoughts. Going tubeless for the first time this n a few years so should be interesting to see how it comes together...

Top Bottom