New rider and forum member

Pawel

Hello from Scotch Plains! I'm new to the forum and a bit new to mountain biking. I used to ride trails and street on my dj but want to get into mountain biking. With a proper bike I could still do some dj if I wanted. I'm currently looking to purchase a mountain bike, full suspension and disc breaks a must. Can't see myself going back to rim breaks and a hardtail after being on the dj for so long. Hopefully some of you can recommend some bikes that will be good for a beginner but also not too pricey :). Thanks in advance!

As little as possible haha and still get a good bike. I'm just thinking about saving up 2800 and buying the Yeti 575 since its a bike that will last for a long time.

Welcome look at Halters giant demo day ride. Try to test as many bikes in your price range till you find the one that best suits your needs.

Welcome aboard I think besides the Giant demo day there is another one going on as well in the near future..

thanks guys! i'll check out the Giant Demo and see if there's anything that catches my fancy. i know i can't be picky in the lower price range that i am but i also don't want to be restricted to getting something because i can afford it haha.

For that price you have a lot of playing room , you could even pick up a nicely built used bike for cheaper too ! I would say try and demo as MANY bikes as you can and even try some of the other name brands out there as well .

By the way welcome ~

For that price you have a lot of playing room , you could even pick up a nicely built used bike for cheaper too ! I would say try and demo as MANY bikes as you can and even try some of the other name brands out there as well .

By the way welcome ~

Ditto! :p

Back
Top Bottom