New Projects for 2016

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hey guys, we have a few new projects going on and wanted to share.

We are working on a number of impacted stream crossing and yesterday we completed a new bridge on the new-ish "Creek Crossing Shuffle" (https://www.strava.com/segments/11006720) section. This section will eventually be part of a larger loop but we wanted to get it open prior to last fall's night rides. The stream crossings have been totally hammered on that section.

IMG_4236.jpg
http://dickersonminepreserve.com/2016/04/first-bridge-complete/

At the entrance to the Canfield Mine Trail (Blue Trail) we have a new skinny under construction. Keep an eye out for that one in coming weeks.

In addition to the West Morris Greenway, we have two new trails planned that should add another 3-4 miles of trail. Currently, we are working on the new King Mine Trail (Yellow Trail) and plan to build it in two phases. We are holding a trail design clinic on Saturday, May 7th and participants will be helping with the design of the Yellow Trail. There are still a few spots left for the clinic so if you are interested, email me to RSVP: jason@dickersonminepreserve.com

trail_clinic_flyer.png

Lastly, if you want to receive email updates when we schedule trail maintenance dates, you can sign up here: http://dickersonminepreserve.com/connect/trail-maintenance-mailing-list/

Thanks!

Robin

Rad! During the school year, this is my home park. So awesome to see how much work has been done since the start/beginning. Thank you!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Finally got out there Friday after a long hiatus and the new creek crossing shuffle section is pretty sweet. Looking forward to the new trail additions and extra mileage. Finally got the balls to ride the original skinny and cleaned it first try. Super stoked. Saw the new skinny under construction and it was the exact log i thought should be a skinny when i saw it a year ago. Where's the yellow trail going to be? I work in Mt Olive now so i'll probably be riding here a lot more. Signed up for TM group.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Just a quick update on the yellow trail build. We are about 1/2 done with the first phase of the project. It may be a stretch to complete it this season but we are making great progress each week. We meet every Monday at 5:30 to work if you are interested in getting involved.

IMG_20160730_115507.jpg IMG_20160801_185429.jpg IMG_20160801_192942.jpg IMG_20160808_180638.jpg IMG_20160808_180709.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just a quick update on the yellow trail build. We are about 1/2 done with the first phase of the project. It may be a stretch to complete it this season but we are making great progress each week. We meet every Monday at 5:30 to work if you are interested in getting involved.

Nice!

How long is the trail you're building? Maybe we could put out a rally cry for volunteers if you want to try to get it done this year.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

ebarker9

Where is the yellow trail going to be located? From the "Creek crossing shuffle" trail over to Canfield?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I checked out some of the new stuff last week, looking great! Thanks for all of your (and others) hard work...I get so little free time to ride during the week...this place is so dam fun and 5 min from my office.
Nice!

How long is the trail you're building? Maybe we could put out a rally cry for volunteers if you want to try to get it done this year.

What norm said....

Jason

JORBA.ORG
The current project when completed will be between 1.5 and 2 miles but we are only working on half of the trail right now. We want to get this section open before we start marking the second half. We probably have a full season worth of rock work in this section as well. I know I'm anxiously waiting for JORBA to execute the mini-ex RTP grant and we can maybe speed up the rock section.

Where is the yellow trail going to be located? From the "Creek crossing shuffle" trail over to Canfield?
It's on the other side of the park on the Canfield Avenue side. I am working on some other projects on the creek crossing section. We are also submitting a grant right now to open up a new corridor or rather "finish" one that will connect Canfield Avenue and Frank Street. We also have plans for another loop that will be accessed from this section of trail but I don't see us seriously working on that trail for another season or so.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions