New-ish

Effjay

Hey all,
I've been registered for awhile, bought some stuff, sold some stuff, but rarely (never) post. That said, I think it's about time I break out of my comfort zone and post an introduction. I recently moved to central Hunterdon and have no idea where to mountain bike yet. I used to hit up Mercer County a few nights a week and Clayton when I had more time to travel and will probably continue to do so as I work nearby. Downhill scares me and l'm too fat to climb. I really like building and tinkering with bikes and most of my riding these days is with the family on the canal path. I love road bikes (the ones without pedals and making 100+ hp) probably to the dismay of my much better half. I've recently started training after a VERY long layoff and am hoping to have enough fitness to turn the cranks in a more productive manner by the time it's reliably nice out. Hopefully I'll be more present here but by the time I get to a thread, someone has already solved a tech problem, fitness advice has been given, and it has been recommended that at least one thing be set on fire. Beyond that, I don't have much to contribute. ;)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Official welcome!

I think Nassau trails will become your goto - they are a bit wet right now. Climbs are short, and the rest is rolling.
Lots of fun when they dry out. A little farther south is the Water Co trails - they are near Lambertville. There is also
Washington crossing and Baldpate (more clibmbing). Some stuff just over the pennsy side too (Nox.)

Your fire game is strong, looking forward to riding with ya :D

1TrackMind

I second Nassau, I’m in Clinton Twp and will be there a lot when it dries out let me know if you want to ride. There is also the Frenchtown preserve. If you’re looking for more toenpath stuff, there is Landsdown trail that starts in Clinton behind the lumber yard and goes into the Coopalong trail, not super long, but nice views.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome.
Make time to ride, get fit, feel better and improve quality of life. Post on MTBNJ, make friends, get likes, feelz better.

Effjay

Thanks all! It seems there are quite a few spots to check out that aren’t too far off. I’ll definitely be looking into these.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome to the board! Lots of places to check out with other MTBNJers and the family on gravel options. F-Jay!

Top Bottom