New here

Nickdc955i

Hello all. Back at it after a long break. I have some questions about bike maintenance and looking for some new places to explore. Plan on going through the winter as best I can. Looped Round Valley reservoir Saturday. Grueling but complete ?

Attachments

• AE1AE79C-D581-4B1E-BB79-23B91E3A27FC.jpeg
    AE1AE79C-D581-4B1E-BB79-23B91E3A27FC.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 175

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome!!

There are plenty of people here who can help you out with any questions you have... And if you're looking for new places to explore, I post up group rides and events in the what's happening thread... Plus MTBNJ tries to host group rides each month so keep an eye out for those too!

?

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome!

bad ass going right to RV for the comeback! (can i call it a comeback?)

Stop here often to get the scoop on organized rides, or just ask for some company
(round valley might not get too many takers. :D But I'm in!)

Please post up any needed trail maintenance, or conditions in the Trail Talk section.

Nickdc955i

Welcome!

bad ass going right to RV for the comeback! (can i call it a comeback?)

Stop here often to get the scoop on organized rides, or just ask for some company
(round valley might not get too many takers. :D But I'm in!)

Please post up any needed trail maintenance, or conditions in the Trail Talk section.
It's a comeback after a long break in cycling but not fitness. We attempted last Sunday in the Rain and my chain snapped at the halfway point(campground) so we had to get it looped. Discovered the trail ends but we did not want to go on the road ended up on the wrong side of the barbed wire fence within the water companies property lifted the fence pushed bikes through then ourselves. It was a five hour adventure... Six mile run is next Sunday.

Nickdc955i

Welcome!!

There are plenty of people here who can help you out with any questions you have... And if you're looking for new places to explore, I post up group rides and events in the what's happening thread... Plus MTBNJ tries to host group rides each month so keep an eye out for those too!

?
Thanks I will keep looking I'm hooked again.

thegock

It's a comeback after a long break in cycling but not fitness. We attempted last Sunday in the Rain and my chain snapped at the halfway point(campground) so we had to get it looped. Discovered the trail ends but we did not want to go on the road ended up on the wrong side of the barbed wire fence within the water companies property lifted the fence pushed bikes through then ourselves. It was a five hour adventure... Six mile run is next Sunday.

Kind of epic for a first time poster. On a return.

ilnadi

Hello all. Back at it after a long break. I have some questions about bike maintenance and looking for some new places to explore. Plan on going through the winter as best I can. Looped Round Valley reservoir Saturday. Grueling but complete ?
talk about straight back to the front!
If this is your area, you should try Nassau, it is a lot more friendly and you can still get 7-8 miles.

Nickdc955i

I’ll look it up! Going to six mile run Somerset nj Sunday. It looks more flowing/faster . Thank you. The funny part about it is I used a bike I just put together Friday night and learned yesterday that the rear shock had air removed for shipping. Ordered a bunch of parts this morning including a pump ?

Nickdc955i

Jekyll is right at home on the rough stuff. I can see why you tried it out at RV. Ever ride up north?
Not yet but would like to try. RV is 15 minutes from my home easy to get to, Six mile run was easier this past Sunday. I'm excited to see what I can do with a properly functioning rear shock. A lot of wasted energy as I was losing air.

njracer

Hello. Cannonball Jekyll, and f300. I just sent rear shock out to Fox for a rebuild. I did six mile run Sunday morning. Great place!

Who did the rebuild on your shock and how fast did they turn it around?

BTW, regarding your profile pic. Is that Pocono?

Top Bottom