New 1UP Heavy Duty Owner…any tips?

Hmm. Dead on both Mac/Firefox and iPhone/Safari.

Reinstall/update the amazon app?

It worked iphone/chrome->amazon app

oh, did you run the ios update? they may have done something to slow down the zero-day exploit.

not sure what is happening on the mac based version. Do you see an image of the product on the screen?
When you hover, does it look like a valid link?

I hate computers.

Reinstall/update the amazon app?

It worked iphone/chrome->amazon app

oh, did you run the ios update? they may have done something to slow down the zero-day exploit.

not sure what is happening on the mac based version. Do you see an image of the product on the screen?
When you hover, does it look like a valid link?

Yes, iOS update, Safari only shows a non-clickable Amazon logo.
MacOS + Firefox shows the same.
MacOS + Safari the links work.

I wanted to see what you got for $43 ;)

Last edited:
i cant see the image OR the link,j looked like you geniuses just left alot of blank space in your post, chrome on arch over here.

Last edited:
Here is what I see on the phone. If I click, it launches the Amazon app on the product page

CB487501-727A-44AE-A4CA-FEFC7DEFBE50.png

@one piece crank and @shrpshtr325

Think i found it - some browsers block amazon product placement media links -
reload, and there should be a basic link to the product now (it was an option on our side to place a link rather than the image/link combo)

Check your browser settings for any amazon specific security features.

@one piece crank and @shrpshtr325

Think i found it - some browsers block amazon product placement media links -
reload, and there should be a basic link to the product now (it was an option on our side to place a link rather than the image/link combo)

Check your browser settings for any amazon specific security features.

no dice over here, just blank spaces. i dont see any security features like that in chrome . . . (at least nothing specific to amazon)

Ahhhhh ... super helpful. Thanks, but I'm wondering about the installation of that bad boy. I can see the three holes for mounting to a wall stud, presumably, which would be fine if you got the stud dead center, which is my concern. Not sure what those anchors are for? Clearly not sheetrock, I'm thinking it would tear right off the wall? Lead anchors and concrete would be fine though.

So I'm thinking more along the lines of this: Amazon product ASIN B06Y1CT85P but bolted to a section of 2x6 long enough to engage three wall studs with two vertical bolts each, for a total of six. Admittedly tricker in that you'd have to measure and drill into the center of three wall studs instead of one, but ... I'd imagine it would be more secure. Thoughts?

Also thinking about ladder hooks and bungee cords (thanks, iman29).

-kj-

Attachments

• 51IESpfGOvL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51IESpfGOvL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 43
Ahhhhh ... super helpful. Thanks, but I'm wondering about the installation of that bad boy. I can see the three holes for mounting to a wall stud, presumably, which would be fine if you got the stud dead center, which is my concern. Not sure what those anchors are for? Clearly not sheetrock, I'm thinking it would tear right off the wall? Lead anchors and concrete would be fine though.

So I'm thinking more along the lines of this: Amazon product ASIN B06Y1CT85P but bolted to a section of 2x6 long enough to engage three wall studs with two vertical bolts each, for a total of six. Admittedly tricker in that you'd have to measure and drill into the center of three wall studs instead of one, but ... I'd imagine it would be more secure. Thoughts?

Also thinking about ladder hooks and bungee cords (thanks, iman29).

-kj-

Those are concrete anchors.

Hit the middle of the stud! use a finishing nail after finding the stud to get the edges. (or i'll stop by to do it.)

a horizontal 2x6 with a rack hanging off it would torque off the wall - would need to put it vertical, again posing the same problem.

Great suggestion re: finishing nails, I think I will give that a try. Appreciate the offer to help but don't think I'd ask you to drive all the way down to Northfield, zip 08225, GSP Exit 36!

I have this on my garage wall inches from my rack. https://www.1up-usa.com/product/rack-stash/
The rack is not on my car unless I am carrying a bike. Also, I got bulk cable from home depot and tethered it from my hitch to the rack to keep it on securely and it adds a touch of security. If I go away for a long time, then I use the hitch lock.

I have this on my garage wall inches from my rack. https://www.1up-usa.com/product/rack-stash/
The rack is not on my car unless I am carrying a bike. Also, I got bulk cable from home depot and tethered it from my hitch to the rack to keep it on securely and it adds a touch of security. If I go away for a long time, then I use the hitch lock.
I will be using the rack similarly. Curious to see your cable setup. The ball in the hitch lock seems secure (but I'll keep an eye on it). Do those have a history of failing?

Back
Top Bottom