Nassau Trail conditions

Jeffreywoliver

Well, since I am the one who posts on FB and also guilty of posting Strava rides here’s the deal. I will not post a trail opening during the COVID situation. They are public open space. The trails are in great condition. Please help us keep it that way. Use good judgement and avoid large groups. Stay safe. Sometimes there’s more to the story than is made public.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from a ride in the neighborhood of Nassau. Trails are great. Columbia trail parking lot is a zoo and I would recommend parking elsewhere.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
even Mayor McCheese may not have all the facts.

No doubt - I am ignorant about many things. But I do know a few, and I can see deleted posts. So there is that.

It is my opinion that during this especially taxing time, people need an outlet and Nassau is 1 of the few that are left in this state. Kirt and I have discussed this about CR. It's far from perfect but people need an outlet right now. I've been out there ~4 days a week hiking and doing small TM tweaks to help the trails out. I've ridden there exactly 0 times in 3 weeks and gone out with a tool to work the trails maybe a dozen times.

I appreciate your other post though. Thanks!

Jeffreywoliver

No doubt - I am ignorant about many things. But I do know a few, and I can see deleted posts. So there is that.

It is my opinion that during this especially taxing time, people need an outlet and Nassau is 1 of the few that are left in this state. Kirt and I have discussed this about CR. It's far from perfect but people need an outlet right now. I've been out there ~4 days a week hiking and doing small TM tweaks to help the trails out. I've ridden there exactly 0 times in 3 weeks and gone out with a tool to work the trails maybe a dozen times.

I appreciate your other post though. Thanks!

Then you’ll also have seen that my reason for deletion was “because it didn’t add to positive dialogue.” I think the trail status is clear from my above post. Stay safe. ✌️

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Funny, I deleted a post also for the same reason. Just a bit cranky from isolation. ;)
I will say that I just got back, and you guys are doing a great job with all of the new trals and features. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into Nassau, it's a great place and only getting better.

Jeffreywoliver

Funny, I deleted a post also for the same reason. Just a bit cranky from isolation. ;)
I will say that I just got back, and you guys are doing a great job with all of the new trals and features. I appreciate all the hard work that goes into Nassau, it's a great place and only getting better.

Glad you enjoyed it. Stay safe.

MSalvatore

So is it open to the public or is it for private use ? And before any one gets there panties in a bunch I have volutered ad inquired about TM and never received a reply. I guess its a private TM crew. Just a little frustraded when it seems like more help is needed but also ignored.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So is it open to the public or is it for private use ? And before any one gets there panties in a bunch I have volutered ad inquired about TM and never received a reply. I guess its a private TM crew. Just a little frustraded when it seems like more help is needed but also ignored.

Just ride. If it rains give it time to dry. Like I assume everyone would do. But right now it’s perfect.
There is some trail construction going on and that part is visibly blocked off.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Just ride. If it rains give it time to dry. Like I assume everyone would do. But right now it’s perfect.
There is some trail construction going on and that part is visibly blocked off.
I'll say that when I rode this afternoon, nothing was blocked. There is one new feature that is very cool, but also needs signage. I'll send a pm to Jeff.

snashters

Rode this evening. Big thanks to those who build & maintain the trails, I liked the improvements made over the winter and really looking forward to when the tape comes down.

Robin

Got out early to Nassau. I haven't been since the fall - all the new stuff beyond Sidewinder is awesome. I had to curb it back on the drop since I promised Hubby no air time until we are out of this whole thing. Thank you to all who've made this place so awesome.

I parked at CT but the two lots near the trail heads were empty. I didn't see anyone out...probably should bite my tongue now.

mtbmarbar

Thats not a state park right?
Correct, Nassau is not a State or County park. But with State and County Parks closing as of 8pm tonight and the Mayor having all but confirmed that the Columbia Trail will be closing, I just can't see Nassau missing the cut.

Jeffreywoliver

Nassau is closed until further notice.

Attachments

• CB1C4675-207D-4DDE-8375-711869AD5D08.jpeg
    CB1C4675-207D-4DDE-8375-711869AD5D08.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 119

pkovo

I live in HB. This mornings update from the mayor included the following:

"....we will close the Nassau/Springside trails in an effort to stave off excessive crowding here as other parks and trails around the state close...."

Commons lot (Columbia trail lot) is also closed except for permit holders

:(

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions