Nassau Group Ride Sunday 6/6/21

Cafe Dave

Rode today and trails are in great shape. A tree has been cleared on 'The Bench' trail (thank you!) and most of the overgrowth is actively managed. I imagine conditions will be just as good on Sunday even after Friday's forecasted rain. Definitely a fun, flowy trail with some rock gardens sprinkled throughout. I don't know the trail very well so I'm sure I'll learn something new. I hope to be there!

kearneyb

DB0362BA-6575-4990-8D2F-3992C34499A5.gif

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should be able make this one. Not injured for a change but not being on a bike much for two years will take it's toll. I'm winded just walking up/down the street. But @pooriggy, I know the park well and can help guide a group at my pace...
Thanks! I'll have you lead a slower paced ride.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
oof, slow? Let's call it less technical so as not to insult anyone... I realize its Nassau haha
I never know what to call the group we are talking about. Guys like you are not beginners, so I can't call it that. Calling you slow can sound politically incorrect. Everyone likes to identify themselves as Intermediate, maybe your group should be called Intermediates in no Rush?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I never know what to call the group we are talking about. Guys like you are not beginners, so I can't call it that. Calling you slow can sound politically incorrect. Everyone likes to identify themselves as Intermediate, maybe your group should be called Intermediates in no Rush?
i like to think of it as the "chill paced" group

serviceguy

How about medium-rare being well done by the end of the ride? Won't be able to attend this one, I would have loved to.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm in - never ridden in a group more than 2 people before. (first day with a mtbnj account also :)

Just want to confirm...parking on the street, correct?

parking in the foran field lot. there is gravel and grass to park.
should be large enough, and we'll need a group pic (@Mitch)

welcome !

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just want to confirm...parking on the street, correct?
This address is for Foran Field. Look for cars in the field, that's my plan since I'm not very familiar with this area.
170 E Main St

@Robin, will be leading a womens ride. Robin has been teaching mountain bike skills for several years and is very knowledgeable, bring your bike, enthusiasm and questions.

We will have enough ride leaders to break into smaller groups, come out and meet some new folks. It don't cost nuthin.

For those interested there will be a lunch option at Circa afterwards.

See you SUNDAY.

mwlikesbikes

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid. Sometimes it’s a way to go through life…

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

easy intermediate
medium intermediate
hard intermediate

Top Bottom