My first time downhilling

M

MikeM

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a rush

Went to Diablo freeride park aka Mt Creek on saturday and I had the best time ever. My friend brought his dirt works dh bike that hes only used once before in the past 2 years, I rented a yakuza. I was gonna bring my trek, not knowing what the terrain would be like, boy im sure glad I didnt. its a full rigid xc bike (suspension isnt necessary where I live) and If I brought it, I would of had to carry it down the hill. So i rented a Yakuza, $80 for the day, I dont know all the specs on it, about 6" front and rear and 8" hydros. Well, that was the best $80 ive ever spent. I took it easy the first run down the hill, going slow, testing the bike out, choosing the safest lines. After determining that the bike will take alot more that I can dish out, i forgot all my mt biking techniques and my dirt biking instincts took over. I hit the rocks as hard as I could, and jumped as far and high as I could and the bike just took it all like a champ. Then we found a nice ladder drop and sessioned it. After like 30 practice trys, I finally dropped it at the highest point, once again the bike ate it up like nothing. Then on the next lift ride up my friend noticed I cracked the swingarm. :roll:
Took the bike back, they gave me another one, no $$, kickass. Rest of the day was more thrashing. I still havent cleared all the tabletops on the jump trail, but im going back...soon.

Now I want to move to jersey and buy a dh bike. You guys have it all, mountains AND dairy queen.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That's f'n awesome! I've been wanting to get out there so bad.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i was there on sat morning too. what a day it was. cool and sunny. trails are dry and in great shape.

there are so many awesome features there... just when i think that i might start riding the harder ones they add more. :shock: the place is amazing... i don't know how they build all those trails with only 6 guys. stuff there that i will never do, but plenty of stuff that i can do and that's what makes it a balst. careful, the place is addictive.

there is a new section called stigmata? did you see that? its part of this years race course. fully ridable, but a BIG mind F. :shock:

i am getting kinda close to clearing the table tops. front tire was less than a foot from the knucle of the last one, so i need about another 3 feet and i will clear the last one. problem is that now i am starting to feel like i am in the air long enough to do something really stupid :lol:

the place is great, i just wish i had bigger cahones. 8)

M

MikeM

mergs said:
i was there on sat morning too. what a day it was. cool and sunny. trails are dry and in great shape.

there is a new section called stigmata? did you see that? its part of this years race course. fully ridable, but a BIG mind F. :shock:

You probably saw me, I was the only guy there with blue jeans and chrome dirt bike armor.

Where is stigmata? We tried to hit every trail at least once.

Oh, and the chick who was working the lift with the face piercings. I heart her

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
MikeM said:
mergs said:

You probably saw me, I was the only guy there with blue jeans and chrome dirt bike armor.

Where is stigmata? We tried to hit every trail at least once.

Oh, and the chick who was working the lift with the face piercings. I heart her

the one reading the national geographic... nope. i'm married... i did not notice her ;P ;)

stigmata is part of the new race course. i could not find it again... a guy named marc showed me. all i remember is taking bmw and heading right. i'll try and get better directions and post.

i def saw some guys on rentals.

Top Bottom