MTBNJ's birdbox DH challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max I feel your pain 18 months is challenging at the park you basically follow him around because he is too crazy and letting them walk doesn’t help you but they go nuts if you try to do curls with them. I find goblet squats usually work well also lunges with baby extensions my son loves both those movements

Lunch time!

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_120501790.jpg
    IMG_20181010_120501790.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 106
Life just knows what cards to play to keep me home and it's not like I can do stuff in the am since my wife is gone before I'm up.

Excuse!

Father of three here.

Eighteen months old means early bed time. At that age they can sleep 10-11 hours. You will be ahead of a lot of people if you got 8 hours sleep. So right there you have an additional 2-3 hours.

We make the time for the things that are really important to us.

Excuse!

Father of three here.

Eighteen months old means early bed time. At that age they can sleep 10-11 hours. You will be ahead of a lot of people if you got 8 hours sleep. So right there you have an additional 2-3 hours.

We make the time for the things that are really important to us.

We go to put him down at 8ish and hes up at 6am the issue is it sometimes takes us 2 hours to put him down. Last night was a Unicorn finished his bottle and he was out within 5 minutes so I went for a run, if that happens again tonight I'm going to run the mountain.

We go to put him down at 8ish and hes up at 6am the issue is it sometimes takes us 2 hours to put him down. Last night was a Unicorn finished his bottle and he was out within 5 minutes so I went for a run, if that happens again tonight I'm going to run the mountain.
If I put my 21 month old to bed at 8, same thing, he is cranky and only sleeps till 6. If I put him to sleep at 7, he goes right down and sleeps till at least 7, sometimes closer to 8. We did train him to go to sleep right away a while ago though, so there's never much delay when we put him in the crib. At worst he'll cry for a few minutes and then fall asleep. I get most of my rides in after work. I usually just leave my bike in the car all week.

If I put my 21 month old to bed at 8, same thing, he is cranky and only sleeps till 6. If I put him to sleep at 7, he goes right down and sleeps till at least 7, sometimes closer to 8. We did train him to go to sleep right away a while ago though, so there's never much delay when we put him in the crib. At worst he'll cry for a few minutes and then fall asleep. I get most of my rides in after work. I usually just leave my bike in the car all week.

I wish I could do that, my car is to tight for car seat and bike, cant wait till I get a rack but then I could only ride lewmo since I've got from 430 to 630 to pick my son up.

How did you "train" your son to sleep, we didn't ever cry it out and I just couldn't do that to him, feels like I'm violating his faith and trust in us. Most nights its a 2 hour routine from after dinner to ZZZZ for him. I might try for earlier tonight, lets see what happens.

I wish I could do that, my car is to tight for car seat and bike, cant wait till I get a rack but then I could only ride lewmo since I've got from 430 to 630 to pick my son up.

How did you "train" your son to sleep, we didn't ever cry it out and I just couldn't do that to him, feels like I'm violating his faith and trust in us. Most nights its a 2 hour routine from after dinner to ZZZZ for him. I might try for earlier tonight, lets see what happens.

We bought into this program https://takingcarababies.com/ We did have to let him cry, but only for a few minutes at a time. Put him down, walk out, let him cry for five minutes, go back in tell him it's ok and to go to sleep. Walk out, same thing in another five minutes, and keep increasing the time away. For our son it took two days, maybe ten minutes of crying each night before he got the hint and went to bed like he was supposed to. Before that it was torture, hours of him not going to sleep, and us only getting like two hours of sleep at a time before he would start crying again. It was brutal. Cara explains it all real nicely and I would easily have paid way more if I knew how well it would work out. You're letting him cry, but at the same time you're letting him know that you are there, and you're not abandoning him. You will all be so much happier after a couple of nights using this method.

I live in south jersey and have never been to lewmo, but it has to be at least as good as where I go. The only trails on my way home are Camden County College trails. Nothing special, small, but at least I get to ride.

You should also just do the right thing and get a minivan, lol. We have our second kid on the way and I can fit two car seats in the middle row with my bike in the back without taking the wheels off. Though it is much easier to manage when I take off the front wheel.

You should also just do the right thing and get a minivan, lol. We have our second kid on the way and I can fit two car seats in the middle row with my bike in the back without taking the wheels off. Though it is much easier to manage when I take off the front wheel.

I've always driven small cars my 17 Impreza is the first car I've owned where I don't hit the dash while using the clutch. I'd get a Ford Transit connect if they came with stick and awd those are awesome

I've always driven small cars my 17 Impreza is the first car I've owned where I don't hit the dash while using the clutch. I'd get a Ford Transit connect if they came with stick and awd those are awesome
I've always driven small cars as well. Until now. My WRX was probably the most fun car I've had, but TBH, I don't miss it. The versatility of the odyssey is amazing, my day to day life is so much better because of it. So much so that I don't think I'll ever go without owning a minivan again. We were going to get rid of my wife's forester for a tesla to have another fun car, but I really can't see spending the money on it right now, just doesn't seem necessary.

I've always driven small cars as well. Until now. My WRX was probably the most fun car I've had, but TBH, I don't miss it. The versatility of the odyssey is amazing, my day to day life is so much better because of it. So much so that I don't think I'll ever go without owning a minivan again. We were going to get rid of my wife's forester for a tesla to have another fun car, but I really can't see spending the money on it right now, just doesn't seem necessary.

My wife has a foz she a nurse so we need something for the snow, I don't think a Tesla will be tall enough to deal with the snow after my Impreza eats it in another 15 years all go electric. I just don't like how bad some minivans get mpg wise, and with 2 cars under 3 years old it's gonna be a long time before a new car is in the cards

I'm a nurse too and take call for the operating room. I don't think NJ has anything the the odyssey's snow button can't handle. It actually drives way better in the snow then my subaru did, but I never got the right tires for it either, lol.

I'm a nurse too and take call for the operating room. I don't think NJ has anything the the odyssey's snow button can't handle. It actually drives way better in the snow then my subaru did, but I never got the right tires for it either, lol.

where at?! my wife is in morristown. The storm we had a few years ago that was 3 feet I had a ball in my first gen impreza outside of power there were no real modification and I have remained ignorant of other vehicles for snow since then

where at?! my wife is in morristown. The storm we had a few years ago that was 3 feet I had a ball in my first gen impreza outside of power there were no real modification and I have remained ignorant of other vehicles for snow since then
Jefferson health in Stratford. I'm half way between Philly and AC.

Edit: actually I think I'm much closer to Philly, but still between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom