mtbNJ Zwift Club

Just curious, what is the issue with the rubber band feature?

It drags on your smart trainer. So you can be putting out good wattage and it will add resistance as if you're going uphill. It can feel less than awesome if you think you should be cruising along at 23 mph.

But really this is what you should be doing to get stronger.

Screenshot_20231215-165135.jpg

I have to ask. Why would it matter if you band together when you are in your own house? Just the others finishing out in front?

I have to ask. Why would it matter if you band together when you are in your own house? Just the others finishing out in front?

Can't you ask the same question about a message board? Why would you want to be in the same place online when we're all sitting in our houses?

There used to be a time when there was a Discord app chat involved but I don't think I ever did those. Talking to your friends helps maybe?

@GSTim - just set your weight to 150 before the ride. Then drop all the slackers.

Can't you ask the same question about a message board? Why would you want to be in the same place online when we're all sitting in our houses?

There used to be a time when there was a Discord app chat involved but I don't think I ever did those. Talking to your friends helps maybe?

@GSTim - just set your weight to 150 before the ride. Then drop all the slackers.
Sure. But I have never used Zwift, so that's why I don't get it, I guess.
Would much rather have the rubberband feature riding with you guys in the real life...

Would much rather have the rubberband feature riding with you guys in the real life...
His party, his rules. I had the second highest watt average out of 5 but finished minutes behind all. I don't have the gearing for speed on flats and rode the less efficient virtual mountain bike because I was actually on one so hey why not. I was there for the time in the saddle and motivation to ride. Faster-er is more cooler-er I guess.

I was going to ask about that but didn't want to open up another can of worms. 😁 Maybe 50 lbs would work better for me.

It's kind of the same thing but in Zwift you can't wait at the turns. 😁 Even in Zwift it's nice to have someone who is close to your level to work with. One of the last times I rode on Zwift I started trying to keep up with someone who was a bit faster than me. After a while he would get a bit ahead but then slow down to let me catch up and then pick up the pace again. Probably one of the best workouts I've had in a while.

It's kind of the same thing but in Zwift you can't wait at the turns. 😁 Even in Zwift it's nice to have someone who is close to your level to work with. One of the last times I rode on Zwift I started trying to keep up with someone who was a bit faster than me. After a while he would get a bit ahead but then slow down to let me catch up and then pick up the pace again. Probably one of the best workouts I've had in a while.
Makes sense. I was just wondering.

We did a few flat paceline rides a couple years back. Kept it reasonable at the front. Those were fun. Hold on as long as you can..

My bike is next to my trainer, so getting closer. Still a month out tho.

So Monday nights after dinner. Is there a chat feature going. Looking to join in. I need to be more social and join in on more group stuff. Plus considering getting back into MTB racing (Jersey order?)

So Monday nights after dinner. Is there a chat feature going. Looking to join in. I need to be more social and join in on more group stuff. Plus considering getting back into MTB racing (Jersey order?)
That's been my reluctance to join, we eat religiously at 6pm and mom told me to wait 20 minutes after dinner

Back
Top Bottom