mtbNJ Zwift Club

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Come join MTBNJ on Zwift https://www.zwift.com/clubs/db88ca25-5a33-482b-8224-65003995b24b/home
Screenshot_20231005-124424.png

More to come....
Monday zwift winter rides?
Wednesday night climb rides?
Workout rides?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
in - thanks!

Some ideas from my experiences the last 7+ years on Zwift:

Maybe to start things off and get some more folks added, plan a few more moderate introduction social rides to figure out which courses, ride pace, days of the week etc.... and help everyone get an idea what category riding they would fall into based on the Zwift calculations w/kg. I know we have some new folks on here who are also new to Zwift this could help them get a better feel for it.

I am not an evening workout person myself, (even though last night I went MTB riding IRL LOL) but obviously planning something for a Saturday/Sunday morning especially in the off season when the trails are likely mush or frozen would be a good standing schedule to get started.

I have been part of one of the original Zwift groups/clubs before there was even such a feature (World Social Riders- WSR) and they have a standing ride every Saturday at 8AM on the event calendar for years. There is always an option after the hour ride to continue at a slower/faster pace.

In all this time I have never used Discord to talk to anyone during the ride but that could be an option too.

Joined. Though my usage is mainly evenings and very erratic around family and life obligations (basically squeeze it in wherever i can). Never did a group ride but would certainly be more inclined try since it would be more personal riding with familiar faces here.

I have a question about that trainer..if I buy it and install my 12 speed cassette from my roscoe 9 will work, or do I have to purchase a cassette with the zwift unit

I have a question about that trainer..if I buy it and install my 12 speed cassette from my roscoe 9 will work, or do I have to purchase a cassette with the zwift unit

Which trainer?

You can get different free hubs to work with different cassettes.

Depends if you want to really control the trainer or not. It's only an 11-30 cassette that ships with the Zwift Hub. I stick mine in a gear that doesn't skip or rub and use ERG mode to control the workout so I don't really care if the cassette is perfectly compatible or not.

They make an XDR driver for the Zwift Hub so you could run an XD cassette if you want.

The Hartshorn ride kinda quantified the gains I’ve made over the last year or so….. gains I’m not willing to give back. I’m not a racer and I have zero interest in training like one….but the accountability of appointment rides is/are (not sure which is correct) is undeniable. Soooo, looks like I’m in. Even if it is to JRA ☺️.

I reactivated Zwift, joined the club and signed up for tonight’s ride.

Thanks for doing this. See ya on the interwebs.😇

6:50 tomorrow night.
Check your companion App.
Looks like 3 signed up so far.

It's ride your own pace.
Just get on your trainer and ride.
If you're looting for a reason to get fit. Join in!
I can't join tonight, but curious, is there a rubber band that keeps everyone together, or are you just riding on your own?

Back
Top Bottom