MTBNJ Joins the H2H in 2015 at Allamuchy

Tonggi

not sure how much it would help but would I be OK doing this race on XC type tires? Specialized Renegade? Something higher rolling to help my clydesdale up and down the track.

gtluke

The Moped
not sure how much it would help but would I be OK doing this race on XC type tires? Specialized Renegade? Something higher rolling to help my clydesdale up and down the track.

What other tires do you have?
They would be okay, but personally I'd deal with heavier tires on this course. The big climb is on technical singletrack, and then it's followed by an epic downhill run. There's really hardly any grinding away on fire roads or doubletrack, it's almost entirely singletrack.

Tonggi

What other tires do you have?
They would be okay, but personally I'd deal with heavier tires on this course. The big climb is on technical singletrack, and then it's followed by an epic downhill run. There's really hardly any grinding away on fire roads or doubletrack, it's almost entirely singletrack.

currently front is a nobby nic and was gonna change that to a fast trak front. Currently rear has a spesh renegade. Might just end up keeping the nobby nic up front and renegade rear. I had Trail kings but sold them because I couldn't keep that tire tubeless and when I ran tubes I'd flat so damn fast (thorns or something silly, the sidewalls were so thin)

gtluke

The Moped
I think you'll be happier with the Nobby Nic up front. I did laps on my hardtail last week with a Nobby Nic in the back and a Hans Dampf in the front. And today I did laps on my FS bike with 2.4 Trail Kings.
Maybe I just like a lot of tire :)

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Omg Nobby Nic's are horrible for me. I'd rather run 4 year old tyres with no knobs.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Tonggi I agree with Luke here. Most of the time, you want a knobbier front for steering and a faster rear. Nic front, Fast Trak rear for sure from what the terrain sounds like. Conti Race Kings are sweet for anything Six Mile-esque.

Pampa

@gtluke Hmmm. these are the tires I'm considering for sunday (Knobby Nic, Hans Dampf and Conti X King). I only used these tires once each so I'm not too sure of to pick. I also have an Ardent 2.4 for the front that's 5 years old and has a patched side rip, but I think it could hold. I was thinking about Hans Dampf / Conti X King (F/R).

icolquhoun

@gtluke Hmmm. these are the tires I'm considering for sunday (Knobby Nic, Hans Dampf and Conti X King). I only used these tires once each so I'm not too sure of to pick. I also have an Ardent 2.4 for the front that's 5 years old and has a patched side rip, but I think it could hold. I was thinking about Hans Dampf / Conti X King (F/R).
I'd go x kings in 2.4...if they are the 2.2's they are rather skinny.

Pampa

@icolquhoun thanks. I Have only one (2.4) snd and I Was planning to use it in the back. I guess the question now is which of these for the front: hans dampf 2.4, knobby nic 2.25 or ardent 2.4 .

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@icolquhoun thanks. I Have only one (2.4) snd and I Was planning to use it in the back. I guess the question now is which of these for the front: hans dampf 2.4, knobby nic 2.25 or ardent 2.4 .
Schilling thinks you should use the slower Hans dampf up front ;)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hans front for sure. Ardent is a great rear tire too, although I've only used the 2.25's.

Bigoafesq1963!

Is this the address to use to get to the race??
750 Waterloo Rd, Stanhope, NJ 07874
Being less than the sharpest tool in the shed, can't figure out exactly where the start is.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan to eat whatever falls into my open mouth. That's my whole plan. (I'm gonna have to get with the lingo - I thought a drop area was a portapotty.)

Top Bottom