MTBNJ invades Kingdom Trails!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20190527_115659.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm wondering about eating now - helmet on or off?
wwfd? (what would fred do?)

krink

Eddie Munster
A bunch of us have a yearly Cinco de Mayo MTB weekend. We wanted to do Kingdom next year, but Ive read that May 5 is right around when they open with significant variability for weather. How early do you think a reliable long weekend could be planned, assuming landowners are still letting it all happen?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
A bunch of us have a yearly Cinco de Mayo MTB weekend. We wanted to do Kingdom next year, but Ive read that May 5 is right around when they open with significant variability for weather. How early do you think a reliable long weekend could be planned, assuming landowners are still letting it all happen?
I'd wait until late May. Chances are if you get some rain in late May the trails could handle it and you won't mind riding in light rain on a 60-70degree day.

Early May is just coming out of snow melt. If you can plan two wks out, you could check weather and go for it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

We’ve gone on Memorial Day before and the trails are 85% open but the Moose Haven stuff was not.

krink

Eddie Munster
I'd wait until late May. Chances are if you get some rain in late May the trails could handle it and you won't mind riding in light rain on a 60-70degree day.

Early May is just coming out of snow melt. If you can plan two wks out, you could check weather and go for it.
Pulling the trigger on Cinco (delaying until the end of May) trip for 2024 to Kingdom. Would love anyone to share particularly good routes and rides in the area. Have a map and lots of blog opinions, but for some strange reason I have developed trust in the opinions and recs of the other knuckleheads on this site. Appreciate any direction.

Cassinonorth

Pulling the trigger on Cinco (delaying until the end of May) trip for 2024 to Kingdom. Would love anyone to share particularly good routes and rides in the area. Have a map and lots of blog opinions, but for some strange reason I have developed trust in the opinions and recs of the other knuckleheads on this site. Appreciate any direction.

How many days do you have/how long of rides are you going on?

We ended up doing one area as a focus per day...the system breaks into 4 easy quadrants and there's 1-2 highlight downhill trails per area from what I've gathered.

Black Bear/Stormin Norman in East Haven, Sidewinder/Bear Back in West Darling Hill, Heaven's Bench/Ridge/Rim in East Darling Hill, Ozias/Kitchel in East Burke. The signs are plentiful and easy to navigate so you really won't get lost just kind of exploring.

Top Bottom