MTBNJ.com Ride Series - Kittatiny 11/23/08

ok, ok, settle down folks. here are the answers to all of your life's problems. at least as they relate to this ride.

yes bill, you can come. even riding once a week you can smoke 98.5% of the people on the site. maybe run a 30T rear?

KVSP is SS friendly. it's also 29er, 26er, 69er, 96er, 650b, HT, rigid, FS, 1x9, 2x9 and unicycle friendly. i would not recommend a rigid tricycle, big wheel or green machine. or that radio flyer inch worm thing.

as norm pointed out, this is a no drop ride. however, it will be a ride. b/c of time my constraints (read as: pregnant, currently unforgiving wife) i've coined this an intermediate ride. the pace won't be crazy, and it won't be a "if i get dropped i'll never see anyone again ride", but the pace will be pretty constant. hopefully. if i don't hack up a lung today. besides, the forecast is calling for teens at the start and i don't like to stand around too much in the cold. still no lakes..

should you need anything else, please post up and i'll consult my magic 8 ball and get back to you.

Last edited:
For those of you attending...

Follow the directions in the original post, and park on the grass please! With a limited number of parking spots on the pavement, the people of the park (that is their now official name) ask that we leave those open for others, rather than monopolizing the whole entire park and the parking lot on Sunday.

However, who else would be out there at 8 a.m. on a freezing Sunday morning? We should be fine, but just passing along the info I was told.

Yes, still 8. But if I show, how the hell will I keep up with all you fast guys that are going!!!

Last edited:
We'll need to bring tow ropes; each fast person has to tow one of us less-than-fast folks...

What? And help them get even stronger? Actually, what you are saying is that you are less-than-fast? Good. We'll chit chat in the back about bacon and stuff.

I'd love to go. It would be my first group ride. I just hope I don't hold up the crew! The climb up to the needle is killer for me. Anyone else have to hike-a-bike for some of this too!?

i did quick scouting mission over there today and the trails are in good shape. the needle climb looks like approximtely ZERO people, bikes or critters of any kind have been on it and it's full of leaf cover. some of the DH section looks like it's seen a little action but barely. lower needle is solid on both sides and that's usually one of the wetter spots. should be primo-frozen for 8A on sunday.

awesome ! hope to join as much as I can ...

Good chance I will join to the November 23 @ Kittatiny Valley State Park.

see you there !

Is it too soon to suggest a ride title?

The only one I can do "for sure" is ChrisG's December ride in Hartshorne. I'd like to propose "Snow falling on niners" for that one...

One mo' time again

Ok I have another one...
November 29 @ Chimney Rock (Newman’s Lane) – Norm

Rum, Sodomy and the Rocks

For any Pogues fans that may still be alive.

mtbNJ Store

If anyone is interested in T-Shirts or bottle openers, PM me to let me know, and I will bring them by prior to the ride.

I'm still going to try to make it down to Allaire later on, but this one sounds like more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Back
Top Bottom