Mt Creek US Downhill National

ebarker9

Planning on being there on Sunday. I was hoping for a few more top names in the pro field, but still cool to see Norton, Grice and a few others. Women's also strong with Frida, Pageau, etc.

I had thought for half a second about signing up to race but I've never done a DH race, DH bike currently not operational, and I haven't ridden the DH bike this year. Course preview looks like it would have been a great opportunity to finish DFL though.

Andypowerful

Planning on being there on Sunday. I was hoping for a few more top names in the pro field, but still cool to see Norton, Grice and a few others. Women's also strong with Frida, Pageau, etc.

I had thought for half a second about signing up to race but I've never done a DH race, DH bike currently not operational, and I haven't ridden the DH bike this year. Course preview looks like it would have been a great opportunity to finish DFL though.
I wish I had a couple of more days riding at Creek before this race - I was thinking of racing also. Nowhere near race shape or race confidence.

mtn

I’ll be there Sunday morning. Wasted the two tickets I got last year, so one is probably fine for me even though I’m not riding that day.

Sevenz

The Juniors (or pre juniors for that matter) are really the stars of USDH this year. 16 yr old Asa Vermette will definitely be in the mix for the FTD...On the female side 15 yr old Aletha Ostagard and 16yr old Matilda Melton are the heavy favorites to take the FTD. The USDH talent coming up is at an all time level...Don't believe me, come out and see it for yourself!!!

V-Dub

The Juniors (or pre juniors for that matter) are really the stars of USDH this year. 16 yr old Asa Vermette will definitely be in the mix for the FTD...On the female side 15 yr old Aletha Ostagard and 16yr old Matilda Melton are the heavy favorites to take the FTD. The USDH talent coming up is at an all time level...Don't believe me, come out and see it for yourself!!!
agreed, we have some local juniors on mens side too that deserve to be payed attention to

ebarker9

agreed, we have some local juniors on mens side too that deserve to be payed attention to

I'd looked at the registration and had missed some of these guys because I'd assumed they'd be in Pro Men UCI, but Asa at least is registered as Cat 1 15-16. Understand that maybe the UCI rules don't allow him in that category due to age. Pretty tough to be another Cat 1 junior...competing against a guy who just beat Luca Shaw, Gwin etc.

ebarker9

Not totally related to the national, but has anyone done the Lenosky riding clinic/camp thing? I'm considering signing up for this year. I did the Shaums March one a few years ago which was cool, as well as a few others over the years, so I have pretty decent fundamentals, but tend to ride well under my limits and I'm still super uncomfortable on jumps and drops.

Sevenz

I'd looked at the registration and had missed some of these guys because I'd assumed they'd be in Pro Men UCI, but Asa at least is registered as Cat 1 15-16. Understand that maybe the UCI rules don't allow him in that category due to age. Pretty tough to be another Cat 1 junior...competing against a guy who just beat Luca Shaw, Gwin etc.
The Cat 1 15-16 boys is a stacked field. My son unfortunately will not be racing as he is 3 weeks out from a fractured radius from the DHSE race at Windrock but was the points leader in the pro class going into that race (he will be 16 next month). He has been battling Asa and others for a few years now. Colten Hubbard (Creek Local and teammate of Asa's) will be one to watch for sure. He is always extremely fast at creek. The future is bright for sure!!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not totally related to the national, but has anyone done the Lenosky riding clinic/camp thing? I'm considering signing up for this year. I did the Shaums March one a few years ago which was cool, as well as a few others over the years, so I have pretty decent fundamentals, but tend to ride well under my limits and I'm still super uncomfortable on jumps and drops.
I did and highly recommend. My experience was prob a tad different than most because I wanted to work on some advanced things like nose bonking off a drop and big whips but regardless of skill or comfort it's a rad day riding bikes with like minded people . It was a fun day for sure

ebarker9

I did and highly recommend. My experience was prob a tad different than most because I wanted to work on some advanced things like nose bonking off a drop and big whips but regardless of skill or comfort it's a rad day riding bikes with like minded people . It was a fun day for sure

That's a huge part of the value, just spending a couple of days focusing on your riding with a group. I'll probably sign up mostly for that reason (and Jeff is a really nice guy, so I'm sure it would be fun).

V-Dub

I know a bit about this and I'll give the Trail Boss thing a thumbs up

mtn

A bunch of fast riders today. Even in Cat2-3. I’m still anazed at how the faster riders pick up and remember their lines.
Two mtbnj riders rode who seem to be laying low on here. Maybe one was utah.

Top Bottom