Mountain Man

mtnbiker5

Has anyone seen anything yet regarding the Mountain Man Biathlon they have every year in Lewis Morris Park? Usually the last Sunday in October. The best.

It is on Halloween this year, should make for a fun sight, but not great for people with kids. I did it two years ago, don't think a pass is in the works to go play instead of hanging with the kids. It was a lot of fun though if you can make it.

Course?

Anyone know what the course is? Looked at the description and am at a loss as to "greenish yellow". Thanks!

Can anyone comment on how intense the course is...

I am really interested in doing this but relatively new to MTBing and wondering if this course is SS friendly?

The course should be okay on ss but is hilly. We had a group ride at lewis morrisbearlier this year, metal joe led and a dude on ss busted his chain out of the gate.

This is a good event since you get runners rooadied and mtb. If I lived near lm I would score ht. But it is hilly:popcorn:

Sounds interesting, never raced in my life before but this is doable. However, 80 bucks ouchies. I'll see if i can save up some by selling stuff.

It was so fun!

More people than I expected and a totally fun/laid-back vibe. Was my first 2-event race and I finished middle of the pack which was better than I was counting on. I did well on the bike part, which made up for my slooow running pace ;)

Perfect weather, and the sweatshirt was cool!

I loved it. Lots of fun people to run and ride with and plenty of beer, food and raffle prizes at the finish.

The only issue we had was that some guy who wasn't racing found his way onto the course in the wrong direction. Three of us met up with him on the narrow descent near the finish where he proceeded to yell at us for going too fast and not giving him the right of way.

Back
Top Bottom