Mountain Creek race

The course will be marked by this afternoon, so head on up!

Very well marked and fun course, Thanks!
I think some people get intimidated by the assumption that since it's 'Mountain Creek' it must be all gnarly downhill, but not the case at all.
Definitely a fine XC race course to be enjoyed.
I'm in!

Definitely not a typical ski area course - that's the beauty of the lift - drops you in the middle, and lets you take advantage of all the good trails there!

However, if you want to check out some downhill trails, all racers will get a full day access lift ticket with their entry tomorrow - you can go bomb some downhill runs after you race XC!

What downhill trails do some of you guys recommend? I've only been downhilling there once, and I stuck to the green and blue trails, but I think I could do almost anything there this time. Thanks!

a lot of the trails that are marked black diamond are marked that way due to jumps in the trail. im pretty sure all of said jumps can be rolled. most anything else has a ride around. just remember that you're on an advanced DH trail riding an xc bike so when you hear DH riders coming, move over so they can pass.

What downhill trails do some of you guys recommend? I've only been downhilling there once, and I stuck to the green and blue trails, but I think I could do almost anything there this time. Thanks!

Go down ripper if you really feel that way-but take it slow first go around so you can learn the lines.

Look out for John Baumann-saw him in the parking lot and he is looking ready to crush his age group-good luck buddy!

We rode down after the race last year. It took about 30 minutes for my little xc brakes to get hot.

uploadfromtaptalk1408251916700.jpg
still in NYC at wedding. Hoping to make this. :)

Look out for John Baumann-saw him in the parking lot and he is looking ready to crush his age group-good luck buddy!

Hehehehe... Thanks for the good luck Craig, but there goes my element of surprise! LOL
Haven't raced since Jungle so I'm just lookin' to have fun.
See you guys later!

aight so I did the h2h race today (the only one of the series I do.....newbie) . I
thought the course was challenging ... between the back 2 back climbs mixed some big a** rocks tryin to suck all your flow away ...lol.. I had a great time ....def some motivation to ride more , & push harder !!!! but what im really blown away by ,was I got a flat maybe halfway thru the race..... okay no biggie ill change it real quick ....then my co2 pump died I was dead I the water !! until this dude pulled up on a trek (looked like a feul ..red & white ) say "hey r u good" , say my pump died ..dude puled his pump out gave it to me said " it takes a while but it works , ill see u at the finish line" .....so I was back rolling again . crossed the finish line started looking for dude everywhere ,staging area, beirgarden, bike shop ,lounge, everywhere.....I wanted to return the planet bike pump & buy a few brews. I was amazed that this dude stopped his race just to help me get back in the race !!!!! so if your reading this or you know who this guy is please reach out so I can return your pump( along with some extra tubes). for those who did this race way to rock out!!!! course was challenging but fun

Thanks to all those that got this race on the schedule and brought the course to life. It was a super fun race today. The course was dry even with the early showers that NJ had this morning. It hardly rained at the top where the race took place. The course was entertaining and felt more like riding that racing. A real nice mix.

11th Cat 2 40-49. Sheesh. Only a month ago I was mentally preparing cat up and be pack meat in 1. Not quite there yet, I guess. Great race anyway with a great group of guys.

Shout out to Dan & Storm @ CAGS in West Long Branch for installing a loaner rear brake on zero notice so I could race.

11th Cat 2 40-49. Sheesh. Only a month ago I was mentally preparing cat up and be pack meat in 1. Not quite there yet, I guess. Great race anyway with a great group of guys.

Shout out to Dan & Storm @ CAGS in West Long Branch for installing a loaner rear brake on zero notice so I could race.

yo was looking for you there they told me you was also going ...I was in cat 3 finish 14th .....I still got a lot work to to do ...but im out there ...and yes as always my LBS cags cycles in w.long branch got ur boy up an running !!!! #teamnorco

Excellent course. Everything from the new sections to the timing was spot on.
It was a very close match to trails I usually ride so it felt like I was on my usual loop.

My daughter also felt the same and had her best ride ever. She had a few mini-crashes, ok let's call them heavy dabs but was able to pull off a 47 minute cat 3 lap, which she was very happy with! She was even more happy to have some good competition this time with someone her age.

I was sorry to see our usual winner flatted on the side because he usually kills it on this type of course. We had such a great group today and some new people that were awesome to chat with post-race!

Back
Top Bottom