Mountain Creek 2014

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I liked the fact that everyone who owns a dh bike was at creek yesterday yet never waited more then 10 minutes to catch the lift. It was good to get some runs with you guys. It was also being park guide for JimN and his buddy. Looks like they are in the market now...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, so that was awesome and we are both definitely in the market. Thanks again for showing us the ropes yesterday Matty.

Mountain Bike Mike

I was there in spirit.. I was racing Jungle with my DH gear on.. The XC guys were telling me I was in the wrong place. My DH bike stayed at home :(... My cousin was bugging me to head over to Mountain Creek after jungle but my slight head / neck injury from the XC race said to keep driving south! I hit the ground enough yesterday.

We hope to get there real soon!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Any of yooz going up this Saturday? I was planning on riding. Looking for some peeps to hang with.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
If you see a guy all alone in the woods tomorrow on a Specialized rental bike, say hi to me as I air over your head. :eek::2guns::D

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you see a guy all alone in the woods tomorrow on a Specialized rental bike, say hi to me as I air over your head. :eek::2guns::D

Lol everyone that I know who has grabbed those '14 "S" Demos had rock star hair... Earn your turns and B safe...

Going with the boy sundies

Ian F

I liked the fact that everyone who owns a dh bike was at creek yesterday yet never waited more then 10 minutes to catch the lift.

That gondola and the ability to move three riders w/ bikes per car gives Mtn Creek an up-mountain capacity unmatched by any US mtn I know of. Plus, it requires minimal man-power on the support side. Where most mtns need 2-3 guys top and bottom to load/unload bikes (probably more running in shifts), MCBP only needs two who sit in the top/bottom control rooms and monitor.

The question of getting enough runs is rarely an issue there. I usually run out of energy before lift time.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Ian F so true last year we closed launch and highland and those lifts are dreadfully slow...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got my body armor and full face helmet, just waiting on the bike. Should be ready soon :)

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Got an email from Creek, Fathers ride free Sunday with purchase of child ticket. I am planning to go with my little dude and a friend.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Maybe I'll run into you there. Will be on my Divinci Ollie, My son a Canadian Gromhit 24, both all black with Red cables/Hydro lines.

BTW, how are the XT M750 Derailleurs working for you?

SamIsSlow

I've never been there or done any lift access biking. My buddy and I are thinking about coming up to Creek this Saturday and renting all the gear and dh bikes.

Do any of you know what the weather has been like up there? Will the trails be open? Do they often close some trails and not others? I have no idea how it works in regards to which trails are open or not but I dont want to make a reservation, have them say the park is open, and then get up there and find out only the experts are open. I know they have trail reports on their page but I was just looking to see if anyone in the area who has experience with the park has any educated guesses as to if they'll be open at all and if so will certain trails be closed?

Thanks for any info

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As long as the sky's are not down pouring while your on your way you should be good to go. Place drains super well. No they don't close trails either unless we had week long monsoons. You should be good to go weekend looks good and most importantly be prepared to spend lots of money the following weeks after you invest in New ride right JimN...

SamIsSlow

Thanks man. We actually had a change in plans and wont make it up there this weekend but I am definitely going to check it out this season.

Top Bottom