Mountain Bike Summer Camp for Kids

adelaide3

I am looking for a summer camp for my son aged 13 who has been biking for about a year doing single track trails around northern New Jersey. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

I am looking for a summer camp for my son aged 13 who has been biking for about a year doing single track trails around northern New Jersey. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

Robin (skiphreaknj) and myself run a mountain bike camp out of Morristown-Beard School. I guess I never got around to posting a link about the camp here this year - here it is: http://summer.mbs.net

We run a beginner camp for two weeks
6/30-7/3 (Beginner Ages 9-14)
7/7-7/11 (Beginner Ages 9-14)

and an advanced camp for three weeks
7/14-7/18 (Ages 10-14)
7/21-7/25 (Ages 10-14)
7/28-8/1 (Ages 10-14)

There is an overnight ,one week camp at BSA Allamuchy August 10 to 16. Participants do not need to be Scouts. Sleep in wall tents on cots, meals in the dinning hall. Details www.rideallamuchy.com. Dan B. has run it a few years now.

Thanks so much for the info. I had already found the Morristown Beard Camp and I think I am about to sign up my two sons and a friend! It sounds like exactly what we were looking for. I spoke to someone at Morristown Beard yesterday but if you want to tell me anything more about the camp - i'd love to hear! Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info. I had already found the Morristown Beard Camp and I think I am about to sign up my two sons and a friend! It sounds like exactly what we were looking for. I spoke to someone at Morristown Beard yesterday but if you want to tell me anything more about the camp - i'd love to hear! Thanks!

Well, I assume you read the blurb on the website. Generally, we meet at the school between 8:30 and 9am, throw the kids in a bus, the bikes go in a van and we drive to a variety of parks within an hour of Morristown. We ride in the morning, eat lunch and do some more riding afterwards. We get back to the school between 3 and 3:30. The kids can leave their bikes locked up in the van all week. We usually break up into two groups based on ability.

What questions do you have?

Back
Top Bottom