Moronic Rogue Trail International Dr

ryderX

Has anybody else noticed the illegal and poorly designed rogue trail that some numbskull cut a mere 37’ from the trail head that has existed for the last 9 years ? It’s a bit mind boggling considering another 1/4 of a mile down into the actual park there are 2 wet spots and down tree that could really use some manpower to ether reroute the trail or create a bypass. Why would anyone jeopardize our access by creating such an obvious poorly planned and built rogue trail. It drops off of international drive directly into a drainage easement that is littered with broken glass, household garbage and the ever popular abandoned rotted tire. Couldn’t they have at least cleaned up the garbage ? The existing trail which has existed for at least 9 years is no more than 40’ away and it’s wells marked, hard packed and dry. What the fuck
Is wrong with people
RANT OVER.
Thank you and have a pleasant weekend.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's obvious it's close to the road. The shit head didnt feel like going in too far for the hard effort.
I used to like when I was the only person in Stephen's on a ride. Greedy yes but I see cheater lines everywhere now all for that stupid KOM. What is with these people in my Sinefield voice.

My next subject I present is mother fucking quads. Nothing worst then blown out single track. The up tick is worst then ever. My kid heard classmates laughing that gay mountain bikers were taking pics of them at Stephen's 2 weeks ago. They had about 10 of them, mix of quad and motos. So we know its kids for sure but it seems to be bigger bunch. My buddy says he seen out of towners unloading quads also up by nectong train station by UPS. Park Police need to get on this asap.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is everywhere. Kinda weird. Nassau and chimney rock have the same issue

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
They built a new trail at Rutgers a few months back. At the time I had the KOM. A few weeks later I get the email from Strava saying my KOM was taken, by a pretty good amount. I was a little surprised because not a lot of people ride there. This week I went for a ride there and someone literally cut a trail straight through everything and cut every single turn out. Huge effort for a KOM. If they spent that same effort on learning how to ride...

rick81721

Lothar
They built a new trail at Rutgers a few months back. At the time I had the KOM. A few weeks later I get the email from Strava saying my KOM was taken, by a pretty good amount. I was a little surprised because not a lot of people ride there. This week I went for a ride there and someone literally cut a trail straight through everything and cut every single turn out. Huge effort for a KOM. If they spent that same effort on learning how to ride...

Question here - several mentions of KOM regarding cheater trails. Most of the short-cut/cheater trails I see in 6mr and the sourlands are from hikers.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Question here - several mentions of KOM regarding cheater trails. Most of the short-cut/cheater trails I see in 6mr and the sourlands are from hikers.

You can tell from the quality of trail. Hiker cut throughs seem like a deer or something could make them, mountain biker rogue trails are usually a lot more involved. In the Rutgers example, someone hiked tools into the woods to actually make a trail, and it's about a 1/2 mile long, so that's more than a simple cut through a corner or something.

SpartaBard

One piece of good news, NJ DEP enforcement was just parked down the street from near Mahlon as three kids were unloading quads a bit further down the street prepping to go out into WMA...

ryderX

It's obvious it's close to the road. The shit head didnt feel like going in too far for the hard effort.
I used to like when I was the only person in Stephen's on a ride. Greedy yes but I see cheater lines everywhere now all for that stupid KOM. What is with these people in my Sinefield voice.

My next subject I present is mother fucking quads. Nothing worst then blown out single track. The up tick is worst then ever. My kid heard classmates laughing that gay mountain bikers were taking pics of them at Stephen's 2 weeks ago. They had about 10 of them, mix of quad and motos. So we know its kids for sure but it seems to be bigger bunch. My buddy says he seen out of towners unloading quads also up by nectong train station by UPS. Park Police need to get on this asap.
As of now the rogue trail off of International Dr is eradicated. Actually it has been for the last 24hrs. My son and I went out yesterday afternoon and did the best we could. I drive by there 2x’s a day so I’ll just take notice of when it gets re-opened and then we can zero in on the culprits.

jpn

Lots of jumps have sprouted up in Dickerson Mine as well. Not sure who (bikers or motos) are building them.

ryderX

Day 3 and the Moron trail is still closed down. Obviously the local park officials are also on board. Interesting.

Attachments

• 5D6B7D81-35BA-4312-80F7-591719D4307B.jpeg
    5D6B7D81-35BA-4312-80F7-591719D4307B.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 255EAB40-E2C9-4039-B78F-F2853A5492DE.jpeg
    255EAB40-E2C9-4039-B78F-F2853A5492DE.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 334

ryderX

International Drive doesn't have any trail access. Are you referring to Continental Drive and the Canal Trail?
Continental Drive is correct. I guess I’m also a moron. I’ve referred to it as International Dr for the last 20+ years and it’s a hard habit to break.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions