Mooch Triple Loop Sun Nov 1

I was thinking of coming for the Deer Park/Stephens portion (based on your statement of less miles there) and then going my own way through North to Tranquility. Knowing how I ride, where would I stack up versus the pace you have in mind?

I'll take no offense......

As usual, I'll be riding against time constraints (got a soccer game at 1:00pm). Either way, I'll be kicking around somewhere up that way unless it's pouring.

Mike

I've barely ridden this year so i'm no ball of fire. Our usual pace will be fine, just less stopped chats. If your goin all the way around just do the whole tour w/ me and end at the car. No use splittin off and riding the road back to DP. I think we should be wrapping this by 1130 at the gate no matter what happens:popcorn:

Most probably my last logon til teetime so its ON. See whoever at the gate at 730am( SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK!!)

Fun ride today w/ Brett, Chris & Woody. Linked all three parks together courtesy of Brett and connected Stephens to North w/ about only 500 feet of road to get to the Waterloo Rd. lot.

I ended up cutting away from the group due to time constraints and dead legs (didn't cramp, though) and took the short route through North back to the Tranquility gate.

Anyone got GPS data yet?

Mike

Fun ride today w/ Brett, Chris & Woody. Linked all three parks together courtesy of Brett and connected Stephens to North w/ about only 500 feet of road to get to the Waterloo Rd. lot.

I ended up cutting away from the group due to time constraints and dead legs (didn't cramp, though) and took the short route through North back to the Tranquility gate.

Anyone got GPS data yet?

Mike

Fun ride indeed! Interesting & scenic mix of singletrack, fire road, rail trail & pavement. Plenty of wet leaves, but traction was somehow pretty good. Included the top secret route under Rt80 (no secret any more :D)
Brett, thanks for showing us around!

My first real ride with a GPS (Norm's old 205 on loan).
21.19 miles, about 4hr total time, 2:47 bogus moving time (did we really stop that much?!)
elevation gain 2577

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/17750820

Cool yo! Another gps dork on the loose!

Did you guys start on the road down to DP?

Good stuff, Thanx dark helmet for leading a great tour. Great meetin woody and Mike. Woody put on a clinic with his SS rigid. He clears everything that in front of him, amazing!

Yes Norm, we parked at the yellow gate and rode up over rt80 and ducked in across the gas station. Your boy Woody is an absolute animal

Nice to see you folks enjoying the "new" trails of the parks.

And yes the new trail (Lumpy Bumpy) in the North section of the park is a legal-DEP approved trail. Not like the trails that have developed in DP over the past year!

Bob W

Here it is...

Where does it connect relative to Ice Cream and that area?

Ok... come down Ice Cream and make a left onto the white trail, make first right down and cross stream, make left up short grunt climb, make right at trail intersection. Go to air conditioner and make a right, up hill and look for Lumpy!

You got that! lol.... It's basically between Ice Cream and Cranberry Lake...

Awesome trail! This has to be one of the best around, nice work. Let me know when the next TM is to finish up that lower section. Very similar to the new puppy trail in Ringwood but better

I'm way late but thanks guys, that was great. School wuz in and Woody was in session!!!

And yes the new trail (Lumpy Bumpy) in the North section of the park is a legal-DEP approved trail. Not like the trails that have developed in DP over the past year!

Bob W

I missed this before. Bobby when you have your grand opening and take all the park/DEP peeps on the official walk thru, send me an invite and I'll take ya out for lunch:D

Funny

I missed this before. Bobby when you have your grand opening and take all the park/DEP peeps on the official walk thru, send me an invite and I'll take ya out for lunch:D

That’s what trail proposals are for, it was billed as an advanced trail and not a beginner trail. I merely mentioned this since you did a ride on some rouge trails in Deer Park. I wanted to make sure folks out there knew that an advanced trail could be built with approval from the DEP, and it could be done sustainable (not to mention that it can be ridden in both directions). Are you implying that approval was not given for this trail?

And why would I want you to buy me lunch???

Bob W

ps - maybe you should talk to some of your riding buddies about those "other" trail in Deer Park to see if you can help out controling that type of stuff.

The lunch part was supposed to be funny ya know? Like me ,you and any official from the park service would ever actually get a chance to overview your work...ha, ha funny??? On the P.S., the last guy(s) i almost had busted for rouge trail are actually your friends so let me know if you need any help with stoppin them. PPS Could you make sure to take the "red eye" out of any camera trap pics of me?? I don't photograph well and need all the help i can get :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom