micheaux state park In Pa??

Jerzeejoe

Has anyone ever been to MICHEAUx state park near Carlisle Pa? Ill be out this way this weekend with my wife and looking for some trails to hit while Im out there. Thanks

Joe

Micheaux has great riding from what I've heard. I think it's pretty technical from what I saw when I was hiking there, but I've never ridden there myself, only spectated at a race.

And yes Walter they do have races there... I think some are part of the MA Super Series. There's 3 or so there throughout the season if I remember correctly. Plus maybe cyclocross too? I'm not sure.

I wrote this in a previous thread:

Tons of Awesome riding at Michaux State Forest in PA. You can find directions to ride it on your own without a guide. The cool thing about Michaux is that you are really out there and the place has some serious, real mountain like climbing. Michaux gets talked about little on these boards but it is quite awesome. I wanted to go camping there for a weekend this summer, but with the weather....

I got the impression you were looking to get away from it all, and that is why i would choose Michaux. It can keep you busy for an entire day. There are pictures of the terrain and descriptions of trails on www.bikerag.com. Caledonia, Flat Rock, Grave Ridge, Mont Alto, and Rocky Pass are all Michaux trails

I wouldn't recommend Michaux if you can't do a lot of miles (25+ miles at least).

If you want to do a small loop and like technical riding The graveyard is a small 3 mile or so loop that is near a road and lot. It is pretty much all technical "tombstone" like rocks. The Graveyard for me was all about playing. When i went there i spent a good couple hours trying to ride through the many features.

Last edited:
Micheaux

Hey ...

Thanks everyone for the Info yea id I can handle the miles im def gonna have to check it out no all i have to do is hope that we dont get hit with this hurricane

Joe

Back
Top Bottom