Mia Meets Bike

So as a science person I would have thought you'd pick baking... because of exact measurements!

Here's a question for you... favorite race venue so far and why...
I'll say I like scientific stuff, but sometimes I need a break for creativity đŸ¤£ I do like a good, exact bake like when I make croissants or Pain au chocolat.

My favorite venue is a hard question. If it was one that isn't in the circuit anymore then it would be mountain creek because all of the stages there just suit my riding style.

My favorite race venue that is still in the circuit is probably Burke. The toll road twice is kind of painful and every year I say I'm not going to do it again, but the stages up from the top, and the lower stages, are just so fun that its worth it. I actually think Rude Awakening is my favorite outside of NJ trail, which is always a stage.

What is the latest on the bike situation?

What are you doing for exercise at school without a bike?

It's not going to be very rewarding for me if you come home and I easily break you because you haven't been doing anything. Though I suspect you could do nothing for a month or two and still be unbreakable.

What is the latest on the bike situation?

What are you doing for exercise at school without a bike?

It's not going to be very rewarding for me if you come home and I easily break you because you haven't been doing anything. Though I suspect you could do nothing for a month or two and still be unbreakable.
Currently working through that right now actually. Let's just say some exciting stuff is happening, and I hope to do a bike check eventually ...

In terms of training and exercise, I do a mix of spin classes and strength. Twice a week I do a combination 45 min spin and 30 min upper body/core strength workout. Then I do hour spin classes twice a week. And I do two days of full body strength.

My training in the spring semester is more heavy and intense because I'm preparing for race season, so I'm usually at my "best" by like March/ April and I try to keep it there for the duration of my race season. But.... nothing can prepare your body for Fugawe or some of the harder places we ride besides riding it. When I first came home for winter break, the first Fugawe ride hurt the most out of any of the times I rode there, and I find this happens any time I'm off the bike for more than like 2-3 weeks. So I would say I'm at my most vulnerable right when I come back from school if you want to make note of that đŸ˜‚

Last edited:
In terms of training and exercise, I do a mix of spin classes and strength. Twice a week I do a combination 45 min spin and 30 min upper body/core strength workout. Then I do hour spin classes twice a week. And I do two days of full body strength.

Sounds pretty intense, but I like a good challenge.

So I would say I'm at my most vulnerable right when I come back from school if you want to make not of that đŸ˜‚

napoleon-dynamite-kip.gif

So I have a question for my blog readers.

I actually can't believe I haven't asked some of you this before, but ...

What is your favorite pasta shape?

Personally, my top three, in order of my most favorite to my least favorite, are rigatoni (mezzi rigatoni to be specific), pappardelle, and bucatini.

If you're wondering why I ask this it's because it can tell me a lot about someone :)

This is just a very false statement. Not all pasta is the same. For example, if you're having a pesto, your choice of shells is a respectable, but if you're having a bolognese shells are just not the appropriate shape.

Please explain how the ingredients differ between shells and rigatoni.

Please explain how the ingredients differ between shells and rigatoni.
So the ingredients are basically the same but … the shape of the pasta makes a difference. Most of the time it’s the texture and the way it takes the sauce. That’s why all pasta is not the same. The brand and if it’s homemade also makes a difference.

You ride a fat bike more often than not, so your comments regarding selecting the best thing in a situation is questionable.

I haven't ridden a fat bike once in the last 16ish months, but I'll give you that I know nothing about bikes, and less about pasta.

Most of the time it’s the texture

The texture is a little different, but it tastes the same. Comparing different pastas of the same brand of course.

and the way it takes the sauce.

This is irrelevant. The large spoon I use as a shovel does a fine job of taking the sauce.

The brand and if it’s homemade also makes a difference.

True.

Jim is mostly correct.

Well now I'm questioning everything I believe.

Well now I'm questioning everything I believe.
I grew up in NJ so I don't have a high opinion of Italian cuisine. I assume it's just the same kitchen being shared with the adjoined Pizza place except the tables have white table clothes and waiters pour your water into wine glasses with ice in them. It's comfort food, if I ordered any Italian pasta dish and it showed up with the wrong pasta I wouldn't even notice.

@Mia You can prove me wrong at Kingdom with an amazing pasta dish. I'll help heat up water. @MissJR is great at stirring and talking with her hands.

Back
Top Bottom