Mercer County Park Conditions

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
North and East Picnic side of the park is closed for deer hunting. Stick to the south side and West picnic areas. Trails there are sandy. Red Trail is clear from the west picnic area to east picnic. There may be high water along the creek - Orange trail into Van Nest area. The Yellow trail and paxton Twistys should also be fine, maybe an occasional wet spot.
Here's to a great first trail ride!

View attachment 229753

TAS
The water in the pink below the dam is very high. I started from the small lot by quakerbridge and the first bridge was under water. I would have to guess the normal few spots along there are under water.

Trails were good otherwise. Anything that would normally me wet after rain, is wet.

TAS

Went for a ride on the south side this afternoon. VanNest parking area to the east picnic area. The orange trail in Van Nest below the dam is flooded. Everything else is open but soft with a few wet spots. There are some slick muddy spots on Yellow and Paxton twisties. Red Trail is OK end to end. West picnic area trails are OK. Did not ride blue trails and Red loop due to hunting closure.
Happy Holidays!
xmas5.gif

TAS

TAS

Hi Folks, Orange trail in Van Nest is now open for your riding, dining and dancing pleasure!
Cleared 5 downed trees this afternoon. Sorry no pics. Beautiful afternoon. Birds were singing. Saw two blue herons on the creek. On my way out observed that the moon had risen and I stopped to listen to a barn owl hooting from across the creek.
Nature doesn't quit because it's winter.

TAS

TAS

Just a heads up... Today, Saturday 2/10/24 is the last day of hunting closure for the Northern section of the park. This includes Blue North and the Red trail loops adjacent to the East Picnic area.

TAS

Attachments

• Mercer deer Managenet  North.png
    Mercer deer Managenet North.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32

Big Al

Hi Folks, Orange trail in Van Nest is now open for your riding, dining and dancing pleasure!
Cleared 5 downed trees this afternoon. Sorry no pics. Beautiful afternoon. Birds were singing. Saw two blue herons on the creek. On my way out observed that the moon had risen and I stopped to listen to a barn owl hooting from across the creek.
Nature doesn't quit because it's winter.

TAS
Great work, Tom. Thank you. I rode the park today and it's in pretty good shape

TAS

What a beautiful afternoon! Mick and I got out to remove this tree and found that the park had already cut it!
We already had or saws and gear. So we walked Son of Blue and removed a few "looks like it will come down soon"
trees.

TAS

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions