MCP TM Pre-Ride Saturday 5-16-09

southernerinnj

For any closet Mercer riders that are attending the TM this weekend I'll be riding prior.

Wheels down at 7AM
Social pace
We'll be back at the lot around 8:45 to meet up with the TM crew and go to work.
If you ride Mercer and can come please do the park needs some love!

So, would you mind if a newbie tagged along with you on Saturday morning? I'm new to the site and to mountain biking in general... I haven't been out since last summer and I have a new bike but I've never had one so um, advanced... some guidance would be great. ;)

No problem at all new people are very welcome! For me this is going to be a day before race easy rolling type ride so it will not be fast. The more the merrier!

Pre TM Ride

southernerinnj,

I sent out an email to the SMART e-mail list with a link to this post. If everything goes as planned I will have a trailer full of tools so it's doubtful I will be joining you. maybe we can hook up some afternoon I get home ~3pm I will PM you with my cell #

Mick

Welcome to mountain biking and the site :) I will be at trail day but won't be able to ride before hand. I try to get to MCP after work (after 4:30) once a week or so. Let me know if you have any free time and we can go ride. I am sure there are others out there that will also try to come out as well.

Is that black XTERRA yours I take it? Believe I've seen it there more than once before. I ride MCP alot with my wife and daughter we can been seen rolling around with a black and yellow trailer in tow :D This is general what my daughter looks like riding in the trailer :popcorn:

Yup.. the dirty XTerra is mine :) I usually park over in the west picnic area. Next time say hello.

I must say I am a bit jealous. I wish someone would pull me around the park while I eat popcorn.

Friday Bump

Bump for Friday. As long as we do not get anymore rain today and it is not raining in the morning this is still on. (30% chance of rain as of right now in the morning) I will be riding out there with the family and will take a look at conditions this evening. If this is canceled I will post up either tonight or in the morning.

One last bump for this.

Meet: 7AM tomorrow morning

We're going to be riding at a beginner social pace. Come one come all how can you beat an early morning ride to wake you up and then doing some digging!

Welcome to mountain biking and the site :) I will be at trail day but won't be able to ride before hand. I try to get to MCP after work (after 4:30) once a week or so. Let me know if you have any free time and we can go ride. I am sure there are others out there that will also try to come out as well.
That'd be fantastic! I'd love to be able to hit the trails with someone other than me myself and I... we get tired of each other's company sometimes. :)

IF I wake up after my friday night hockey, I'll show you fellas around. But can't stay for the TM

Don't really need to be shown around... I know the trails pretty well.

I'd just like a buddy so there will be someone around to call 911 if ya know what I mean. Some of those trails get a bit remote. ;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions