MB, Google Earth, Custom Maps & GPS Data

Shaggz

A strong 7
Please post your GPS data, etc. in here, along with a brief description of the route (mileage, pace, skill level, etc). Posts that do not stay on topic will be deleted at the discretion of the Mods :getsome:

sixseven

Heres the map:

Attachments

• REPmap.jpg
    REPmap.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 880

sixseven

Another one showing some of the secondary trails (many of which are either gone or are now deer trail/tunnels):

Attachments

• REPtrails.jpg
    REPtrails.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,009

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting. That looks much more extensive than when I was in school. How many miles would you say are back there?

sixseven

I would guess maybe 5 miles. Might only be 3. ???
I don't use a gps so I couldn't be sure.

The primary trail that runs diagonally (like the lettering on the map) is the one that is blocked by the thorn bushes. Its a really long run and its very fast, at least it was until this past winter when the bush thing toppled over.
The wooden step off is right where it says Buell Brook.
LOTS of deer in those woods.

THATmanMANNY

never seen that map

dunno how many miles BUT ellbiddy and I are about to find out tonight via GPS

it seems to me most of those trails are overgrown and not rideable

Last edited:

ellbiddy

We climbed each one of this hills like 6 times haha

Edit: plus GPS elevation is a bit flakey

THATmanMANNY

That is nice. Pretty much all that close criss-cross stuff (i.e. the three "loops" in the middle) are useless. And you can see where there are two dead ends. Everything else we saw was heavily overgrown and not worth venturing into.

However, we did cover most of what is ridable right now. I'd say about ~90% of that GPS is a good ride. The main loop is the right half of the GPS data. The left most trail you can bomb down. It is pretty killer; has some swoopy turns, berms, and places to pop off of. The jumpline is the little rectangular/trapezoidal loop to the left of Road 3 and the vertical route that leads into it.

I'm pretty sure we hit everything worthwhile. Been there a bunch and the main loop and the "bomb" trail back is what I always stick to. The main loop only takes a little over 20 min to complete. But it's a quick 20 with LOTS of elevation change. The area is quite large and there is much more to venture out into. I'm excited to hear some feedback from the emails I have sent out.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I seem to remember there being much more at the top of the map there. I know there's been all sorts of construction so maybe that stuff got wiped out. But we used to hop on from Avenue E sometimes. Looks like you have some potential room for growth.

THATmanMANNY

Video

Video of main loop up to the jumpline from Johnson Park's River Rd and Cedar intersection.

The quality isn't great but its better than on youtube, but it doesn't play at the quality on the original file. Sorry don't know how to make better except for maybe not filming after the sun has set :p

http://www.vimeo.com/1935598

THATmanMANNY

^^^^^^^^^^^
|||||||||||||||||

Not main loop. That IS the ride. Every trail is covered. You won't miss a thing and IMO the best way to ride the place going in from River Road from Johnson Park and then start riding going left. Only one brief section and one long section was repeated. Go for a short after work spin. You won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom