Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 or 2.35?

Turbotrix

I'd like to try a set of 26x2.1 UST Ignitors but I hear they run small. Thoughts on going with the larger 2.35 front and rear? Other than the weight penalty, is there a downside?

I mostly ride Sourlands or Chimney Rock.

Thanks.

Mandis bike has both. I can take a photo once day light hits. The 2.1 is very tiny for sure. The 2.35 looks like a front tire.

i've got the 2.35s on my 26in bike, they look more like 2s. wouldnt go any smaller especially at those parks. you'd never notice the weight difference riding at those places imo.

btw, i know you didnt ask but i dont really like them. even at really low pressure still feels like i am riding on plastic big wheel tires. they were crazy cheap a while back so i gave them a try. i dont ride that bike much so dont have the energy to take them off. maybe if i wore them in more they would feel better? never flatted tho...

i've got the 2.35s on my 26in bike, they look more like 2s. wouldnt go any smaller especially at those parks. you'd never notice the weight difference riding at those places imo.

btw, i know you didnt ask but i dont really like them. even at really low pressure still feels like i am riding on plastic big wheel tires. they were crazy cheap a while back so i gave them a try. i dont ride that bike much so dont have the energy to take them off. maybe if i wore them in more they would feel better? never flatted tho...

Funny after trying a few tires I really liked the ignitors. Maybe they gel better with certain styles.
Anyway, get the 2.35, they run small. A 2.25 Nevegal is bigger than the 2.35.

2.1 Ignitors look like rim protectors.:D

Here's what it looks like on the back with the "same sized" Hans Dampf on front.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30380

I have the 2.1s front and back, love them! Yeah they're a bit small but I've never had a problem from Six Mile to MDR to Allamuchy

Thank you for the info.

I've run Nevegals for years without issues and recently tried (and giving up on) Racing Ralphs. Love the grip...hate the sidewalls!

Over the last few weeks I've been riding a Flash 29er with the Ignitors and really love the combo. Maybe it's a combination of the tires AND the bike but it's a very predictable ride, especially in the turns.

It sounds like 2.35 is the way to go.

I'd also go 2.35, especially if you ride CR a lot... That place is rocky and the extra cush over the 2.1s would be welcomed in my opinion :cool:

I got ignitors in my ht 26er and I have 2.3 front and 2.1rear. Extremedave introduce me to it and I love it! UST works with my tubeless set up without using a compressor and the side wall of these tires are great.

Kind of funny b/c i run the Ss ralphs and sometimes a nobby nic in front on all my other bikes and love it. They wear fast but other than that great. The ralphs w out the Ss do suck though. Maybe i should sell this croud my ignitors?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom