Marred steerer tube

WumpusXT

Found an MY08 Reba for sale but the steerer tube looks pretty beat up. Is this going to cause any issues?

Attachments

• p4pb14657472.jpg
    p4pb14657472.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 129
  • p5pb14657470.jpg
    p5pb14657470.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 144
i'm guessing something got into the head tube and made those marks. or there was some rust, and they thought it better to clean it up.
you'll need to remove that race to install the one that is made for your headset. Like porkchop mentioned, as long as it doesn't spin, and is square, you are good to go..

Is it me, or does the second photo look like some material has been worn away??? I would have a bike mechanic give either the yeah, or nay on this. IMHO that could become a weak point.

Can't see it from here, but @Frank is right. There appear to be grooves worn into the crown race sleeve, which, while not structural, does not speak well for how the fork was treated (bent steerer?).

I would pass on it
a failed steerer during a ride sounds horrible regardless on how great a deal you're getting

The damage seems inconsequential.. but for liability sake o_O If you're interested in a Non-marred 1-1/8" steerer 29" fork - I have an old Reba with old standard QR dropouts and an Xfusion with a 15mm thu axle.

$50?

If interested DM me and we can work out details.

Back
Top Bottom