Looking to make new friends for casual rides.

Welcome! There's some local stuff you can probably get to in 10-15min. You can get 2.5-3hrs of riding in there and it's not half bad. If you keep connecting with different parks while traveling North, there's a whole lot more miles to be had.

For the really good (rocky) stuff, you want to head out toward the Ringwood area. You can probably get to Ramapo in 20min or less w/o traffic.

Let us know when you are free to ride. Maybe we can get a small group going.
I would absolutely love that. I'm really enjoying getting out on the trails. We're planning on trying six mile run in the near future. I've heard a lot of good things about it. We also hit the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail this past weekend, that was another good ride.
Would love to make some new friends in the area.

Welcome! Nice pair of bikes you have there. You may already know this, but when it snows the paved paths (like Saddle River) are great for fatbiking as long as snow depths are manageable (typically 6" of fresh or less). These paved trails also get a fair amount of foot traffic due to the proximity near houses and their purpose of connecting neighborhoods, so the snow tends to get packed down nicely after a day or so (suitable for any sort of MTB when firm). Ringwood was rideable this past weekend but the warm temps this week are going to melt a lot of it and/or turn it to slush.
Typically I'm working when it snows.
To be honest I'd rather ride on groomed trails. I find it a lot more interesting and adventurous.

Back
Top Bottom