Looking to buy a sub $400(msrp) laptop.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Windows 11 home, 15” monitor. Other than this I don’t really have any specs. I also don’t know what the latest and greatest is that you can get at that price point. Basically, I just want a cheap laptop to bring with me for work basic Internet browsing needs an occasional YouTube video and maybe browsing some stock charts, but nothing more. I’ve been looking on Amazon and newegg.com trying to reach news etc. The Acer aspire three seems decent so far. @Patrick or anyone else?

Buy a cheap MacBook. It’ll cost more but last 3 times as long.

IT person here.

I’m very partial to HPs laptops and while I usually have the high end ones from work , we have an older one for home that has been running problem free for years. Of course I can do some of my own repairs like screen replacement and hard drive upgrade when it needed it.

My only suggestion is to get one with SSD drive and not regular for speed. Not even sure they make Laptops with anything except SSD anymore.

Windows 11 home, 15” monitor. Other than this I don’t really have any specs. I also don’t know what the latest and greatest is that you can get at that price point. Basically, I just want a cheap laptop to bring with me for work basic Internet browsing needs an occasional YouTube video and maybe browsing some stock charts, but nothing more. I’ve been looking on Amazon and newegg.com trying to reach news etc. The Acer aspire three seems decent so far. @Patrick or anyone else?

$300 Chromebook.
What do you use windows for?

Wait for a week or two, something will pop up. We got this laptop for $425 for my mom for Christmas, pretty decent. I'm very partial to Lenovo. Dell and HP are pretty garbage at this point.

Suggestions? Not looking to set it all up. Basically want a plug and play.
Never mind. A good VM environment takes some tweaking.

If you're planning on a ride at White Clay Creek or Fair Hill soon. There is a used computer store in Newark DE. Haven't been there in over 20 years. But it was known for good stuff and knowledgeable staff. http://www.secondsourcenewark.com/

Back
Top Bottom