Looking for quality bike shop

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I know I asked this before but can I please get the name of some quality bike shops in the North Jersey area?

Thanks

Cycle Craft is my go-to place. They don't have me going there once a week like I did in the mid 90's, drooling over all the anodized cnc parts they once stocked. They had the best selection around of aftermarket parts in stock. The workers there are very professional and they have a good selection.;)

I like that place so much, I'm actually meeting some guy from Pittsburgh there in a couple of hours to buy my truck, just so I can go inside to buy some tools.

Town Cycle in West Milford is my recommendation. I needed a part for my wife's Rocky Mountain and after trying closer LBS they were the only dealer able to get me the part we needed and didn't even charge me for it.

Campmor in Paramus has always been good to me.

Didn't REI in Paramus just get a really good mechanic?

Cycle Craft in Parsippany +1 on that .. Really good guys , get work done super fast , and they dont over charge .

For service, I've used Bicycle Tech in Lincoln Park. I know folks who come from far away to have Rich and Scott work on their bikes. I used to do my own wrenching, but these guys are really conscientuous and leaves me more time to ride. :)

i second bicycle tech, im moving out of the area (they are 5 minutes from where i grew up) and i still come back to them when i need work done on my bike.

Tenafly Bicycle Workshop

Great local shop. Great mechanics. Definitely worth the visit. Stop in on Friday evenings to make plans for weekend trail rides and drool over Yeti's.

Free espresso too. :)

Ugh... Everything is 40 minutes from me. Campmor on 17 is 15 minutes from my house and seems to have a decent shop. I was trying to see if there were any other options near me.

Okay, thanks everyone.

Town Cycle in West Milford is my recommendation. I needed a part for my wife's Rocky Mountain and after trying closer LBS they were the only dealer able to get me the part we needed and didn't even charge me for it.

+1 on Town Cycle. Good prices , great service, lots of free advice.

Ugh... Everything is 40 minutes from me. Campmor on 17 is 15 minutes from my house and seems to have a decent shop. I was trying to see if there were any other options near me.

Okay, thanks everyone.

Antonio - where do you live ? I am in Park Ridge and Rob in Pearl River at Bicycle depot s a great guy - I like to do alot of work myself but if I need a part or true a wheel he's my go to guy. Campmor is great for tires, tool and bling - they have some good shop mechanics and honest too !!!

+1 on Town Cycle. Good prices , great service, lots of free advice.

Mike inTown Cycle rocks - I needed a part for an old Trek and could find anywhere for weeks and Allen at Westwood Cycle said to give him a try - he had the part in draw and wanted to give to me for free - also when I was looking to buy a bike he let me take out his Turner for the day to check it out too ! good peeps !!

I use Campmor as well. It is just a few minutes from my house and has a good selection and they have good quick service. I know the guys at Tenefly, Town Cycle, Park Ridge and Westwood and they are great people too, just a bit farther for me.

If you want great service and alot of knowledge and history of NJ MTBiking or MtBiking in general..check out the Bicycle Hub in Marlboro...Wally Tunnison is the guy to deal with:)

A big shout out to Craig at Campmor. Solid guy who's taken care of me twice now. First time he aligned my frame at the derailleur hanger and instantly fixed a ghost shifting problem I had for months. Today he pulled a hard-to-find Crossmax spoke out of his parts box and screwed it on... $4.

It's been 3 years since I moved up here from Queens. Very happy I've finally found my go-to shop!

Back
Top Bottom