Look what I found…

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My uncle that got me into racing bikes when I was around 10 years old passed a couple of years back. Any of his things that weren’t willed away or part of the estate ended up at my dads shop and they are just now going through it. Stopped by there while I’m in town and found his old race bike. I remember when he got this and the disc brakes were mind blowing. Check out that Moxy seat post!!

1640707786701.jpeg

Anyways… I have the urge to slowly restore this and have a bike to ride when I visit home. Plus, nostalgia. I dunno if it’s worth the trouble but it was pretty cool to see this thing still exists 20+ years later.

My uncle that got me into racing bikes when I was around 10 years old passed a couple of years back. Any of his things that weren’t willed away or part of the estate ended up at my dads shop and they are just now going through it. Stopped by there while I’m in town and found his old race bike. I remember when he got this and the disc brakes were mind blowing. Check out that Moxy seat post!!

View attachment 174435

Anyways… I have the urge to slowly restore this and have a bike to ride when I visit home. Plus, nostalgia. I dunno if it’s worth the trouble but it was pretty cool to see this thing still exists 20+ years later.
That’s very cool if it has some nostalgic value it’s worth keeping.

I wish there was a bmx…I’ve had that itch lately. The other bikes are all Walmart trash. That Cannondale was pretty high dollar in its day though.
Does the Headshock still function properly? If it doesn't, going to need to do some searching for parts to make it work. Are those Coda brakes?

Does the Headshock still function properly? If it doesn't, going to need to do some searching for parts to make it work. Are those Coda brakes?
I’m sure the seals in the headshock are toast but it did seem to function. I think they are Codas but I didn’t look that close.

One of those sales is how I bought a full XTR Stumpy with White Industry hubs and Ti spokes for $500 😂
Your Stumpy was the first thing I thought about when I saw this. Obviously you have more resources to get something like this back to its glory days…. But if I could get it running again it would be perfect for the South Carolina trails near my parents house. There are zero rocks here, but some really great XC and flow stuff. It would just be cool to have a bike here.

Your Stumpy was the first thing I thought about when I saw this. Obviously you have more resources to get something like this back to its glory days…. But if I could get it running again it would be perfect for the South Carolina trails near my parents house. There are zero rocks here, but some really great XC and flow stuff. It would just be cool to have a bike here.

Other than those brakes, and specifically the 4 bolt rotors of it's that vintage, everything is cake on older bikes. That fork is super easy to rebuild if it needs it. We did Dennis' last week on his CAAD2.

View attachment 174435

Im doing the biyf on a 2004 f600. Love my base machine. Puttin in work!

I like the black rims and silver spokes. I am building a tubeless wheel set for my bike using the same combo.

image.jpg

Last edited:
26" Gravel Kings are tight. I keep looking at the Rene Herse but don't want to take away the MTB vibe just yet.

Other than those brakes, and specifically the 4 bolt rotors of it's that vintage, everything is cake on older bikes. That fork is super easy to rebuild if it needs it. We did Dennis' last week on his CAAD2.
What’s tricky about the brakes? I don’t know shit about them. The problem with this whole concept is I don’t have my tools down here so I’ll probably have to take it somewhere. Honestly if the brakes work at all I’ll just throw some new rubbers on and see what happens….

That's a super :cool: F900
Looks like those brakes are OG based on the mounting, but I think I can also see the braze-ons for rim brakes. Maybe in the late 90s they offered disk brakes, but still had the braze-ons. I was a Cannondale dealer back in the day, but that was before disk brakes.
That seatpost is cray and probably not OG.

Still have my F2000, circa 1998, that had rim brakes. It was the top of the line hardtail at the time. Kameleon Fire paint that changes color depending on the angle you see it. Headshock, aka BRAD, is toast.
CODA everything including leather saddle that still looks new(ish). Drivetrain & brakes are Deore XT/XTR.
Looking at this picture (Killington Triathlon, mid 90's) I still have the helmet, jersey & shoes :rolleyes:
1640752877873.png

Last edited:
26" Gravel Kings are tight. I keep looking at the Rene Herse but don't want to take away the MTB vibe just yet.

I wanted the Rene Herse as well but the GK price was just to good.

Love em!! I can see why these are the standard. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

That's a super :cool: F900
Looks like those brakes are OG based on the mounting, but I think I can also see the braze-ons for rim brakes. Maybe in the late 90s they offered disk brakes, but still had the braze-ons. I was a Cannondale dealer back in the day, but that was before disk brakes.
That seatpost is cray and probably not OG.

Still have my F2000, circa 1998, that had rim brakes. It was the top of the line hardtail at the time. Kameleon Fire paint that changes color depending on the angle you see it. Headshock, aka BRAD, is toast.
CODA everything including leather saddle that still looks new(ish). Drivetrain & brakes are Deore XT/XTR.
Looking at this picture (Killington Triathlon, mid 90's) I still have the helmet, jersey & shoes :rolleyes:

View attachment 174515

They kept the rim brake option on for years to support their warranty. not sure if this be the case.

for those of us headed there, where might this really great XC be in SC?
Depends where you’re gonna be. I grew up riding Harbison State Forest and it’s still a fun time. About an hour west of there is FATS, which was all machine built and designed specifically for mountain biking.

Back
Top Bottom