Lewis Morris

Dammit I typed out a big reply and lost it by mistake.

Ok the super loop:

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H
E-D-C-F-E-H
I-J-K-L-J-M-G-F
C-B-M-J-L-K-J-I
H-G-M-B-A

Total is about 15 miles. Add the "upper loop" and Gilligan's island and you get that close to 19. Race loop gets you close to 26 if you tack that on. The race loop:

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-M-J-I-L-J-K

There's a new trail to the right of F-G, and some markers to the left of it so this will likely change soon. There's also some markers on the D-E yellow trail which is much needed because that drains poorly. I leave off the D-E red trail because it's just fire road.

I also don't hit the I-L yellow trail/fire road. And the orange trail to the left of G, which is a washed out rocky trail. If someone can do a reasonable job of getting that in there I'm all ears but that doesn't flow well because it cuts that nice yellow trail stretch in half.

I saw the bear as I came down G-H and started going up H-E. He went up the ridge to the right of H-E.

Ok to pre-rag on myself:

D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E

Exactly what I was looking for, gonna try and follow that one day this week.

The map, not the ovaltine thing

Exactly what I was looking for, gonna try and follow that one day this week.

The map, not the ovaltine thing

Holy crap I can't believe you didn't make fun of me.

Good luck! If you don't know the park it might be a bit tough to follow. If you want I can correlate this mess with trail colors. For instance, A through E is yellow trail and you don't leave the yellow trail until after that far little parking lot. And that F area can be tricky because it's easy to miss the red trail (hard right on a fast downhill) and there's another unmarked trail there that leads you away from both red & orange. I think other than that it's actually all pretty straightforward and the trails *should* be marked well enough that the map will correlate.

Just my two cents but my favourite part of LM is heading clockwise from E through to A on the yellow trail. Some great downhill sections.

Just after the second little bridge in the clockwise direction there is a short and steep hill with an evil switchback that I don't like. I always claer it but for some reason it always takes a lot of puff out of me. But then you get the super sweet downhill section with an off camber right switchback, a slight uphill and then the waterbar/jump thing. It's kind of next to "G" but on the Yellow trail - me favourite!

Is anyone riding there tomorrow? I'd like to meet up with someone to check out the trails.

Sorry man can't help you out this week. Might not get back up there agin for quite a few weeks.

i'm likely gonna be there around 6:30 or 7:00. race loop twice on the mary.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions