LEWIS MORRIS WED Nite

MATT9er

Anybody up for a ride at LM tomorrow I've only been there once.
Would like to train and feel out terrain for race. 6:00 ish
2 Hrs or so of some fast pace exploring

Hmmmm. Sounds good, but im worried about the weather. I'll get back to you if things are looking dry.

you should meed up with the Marty's group ride. They will show you all of the trails there at a pretty quick pace. It's wednesday night.
They meet on Sussex ave where it hits patriots path and use patriot's path as a warmup, plus the least section of the path is actually some good singletrack to add to Lewis Morris.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.81...0.812798,-74.512963&spn=0.00309,0.008261&z=18

http://martysreliable.com/page.cfm?PageID=215

It's just a gravel pulloff where they meet, at 6:00 on wednesday nights.
Everyone is really nice, just remember to make fun of their tights and single speed big wheel bikes.
-Luke

LewMo drains really well. Mostly becuase there is no dirt, it's all just natural gravel and roots :)
There will be a few muddy spots but there is always enough room to go around where it isn't wet.

Thanks for the great info,Looks like i'll hook up with the martys guys

Matt, I normally do the wednesday night rides that luke mentioned, however with the race coming up im going to skip the patriots path section and just ride some laps of the course from the park tonight. If you would like to meet me at sunset lake parking lot (small parking lot on the road) I will show you the course. I should be there by 6.

The trails here are ok, not great. If there wasn't a race there next weekend I would skip it. There's still some standing water and a few greasy sections that keep things a little slower than normal. Tomorrow night should be better if the rain holds off. Some stuff will likely be a little greasy for several more days though.

Rode LM Yellow and North loop yesterday at 5pm. Mud in the lows, but nothing a bit of a break checking can't conquer. Suggest tires wider than 2.1 if possible as my hardtail wanted to slide around a bit in the mush.

-B.

Matt, I normally do the wednesday night rides that luke mentioned, however with the race coming up im going to skip the patriots path section and just ride some laps of the course from the park tonight. If you would like to meet me at sunset lake parking lot (small parking lot on the road) I will show you the course. I should be there by 6.

I'll be at the small lake parking lot around 6 so long as it doesn't rain before then. Im not racing, but would like to learn the trails there a bit better if youre offering. Tan Honda Accord. Blue bike. If I'm not there when you're ready to go .... no need to wait.

Some days are better than others...

At about 5pm I hop in my piece o' shit whip and start heading up
287N......getting off at the exit for LM sky opens and begins to empty its hyperactive bladder.......get back on 287S thoroughly dissapointed only to find an hours worth of traffic awaiting.......nice.

Back
Top Bottom