Lewis Morris Conditions

Was thinking of hitting LewMo Sunday after the snow on a fatbike. What do the regular riders think conditions would be like? Is that place conducive to a ride while snowing?:

Was thinking of hitting LewMo Sunday after the snow on a fatbike. What do the regular riders think conditions would be like? Is that place conducive to a ride while snowing?:
Ive never ridden a fat bike there but I dont see why it wouldnt be ok.

Any park that's frozen or hard packed with snow on top is fair game to any MTB, skinny or fat. Skinny having some limitations on snow depth. Stephens was a blast to ride with a light crunchy snow cover last year. The snow fills in the gaps in the rocks and makes for a smooth yet every so slightly slippery ride. Good stuff !!!!

Lewis Morris wet today but rideable. Follow me on Strava to see my ride. https://strava.app.link/aTiVP7ag4Fb

IMG_8697.jpeg

How does lewmo drain after a rain? Have a free day this Thurs but not sure if it would be rideable.

How does lewmo drain after a rain? Have a free day this Thurs but not sure if it would be rideable.
Usually it drains well…however we had ~6” snow on the ground and now this rain is gonna make it pretty soggy. Also expecting more blowdown with the wind.

Go to Tourne... It is much rockier and drains well. It will take weeks, not days, for Lewis Morris to dry.
Normally Tourne drains well. However, this is not a normal rain. Tourne has almost 3 inches of rain to deal with already between the snowmelt and today's rain and it's still pouring hard here. 1-2 more inches are expected tonight. The trails will most likely be a mess on Thursday. Here is a rain gage 2 miles away. Tourne Rain Gage

Took the dog for a walk. While it is rideable, where it is wet it is very wet. The normal wet spots are a swamp. If you must...try the north side of 24 or the higher up trails.

97% frozen today. Plenty of evidence however of people riding during the prior thaw 😞. Some ice in spots so be careful if you go out tomorrow after the snow.

Patriots Path west of sunrise lake has plenty of washed out sections from all the rain.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions