Lewis Morris Conditions

Rode Yellow today around 10am on my gravel bike. Was in good shape despite some sections of raised roots and one or two muddy spots. Essentially dry after the weekends downpours.

forgot to mention that I almost ran into a coyote on one of the sharper turns of the route...quite startling but luckily it got out of the way in time...

Attachments

• IMG_5337-2.jpg
    IMG_5337-2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Rode Yellow again today around 10am. Saw two other guys riding and exploring. Conditions were great, you'd never know it rained on the steeper parts of Yellow. Lots of loose rocks and exposed roots made for a fun time. I know there are longer and more technical trails around, but this one never disappoints!

IMG_5355.JPG

If anyone else rides this area regularly (or during the weekdays like me) please let me know, would love to put a small group together!

Last edited:
Rode there last Friday. Pretty good overall.

Did they re-color the trails? I rode the same loop I usually do, but it looks like part of old-yellow are now light blue. Is there a new map?

Rode Yellow again today around 10am. Saw two other guys riding and exploring. Conditions were great, you'd never know it rained on the steeper parts of Yellow. Lots of loose rocks and exposed roots made for a fun time. I know there are longer and more technical trails around, but this one never disappoints!

View attachment 157562

If anyone else rides this area regularly (or during the weekdays like me) please let me know, would love to put a small group together!
I can ride during the week, would love a proper tour. I feel like I'm missing a lot of good stuff when I explore on my own.

Did they re-color the trails? I rode the same loop I usually do, but it looks like part of old-yellow are now light blue. Is there a new map?
yeah... some new colors but i don't think trailforks is updated yet. but, then again, i never really know the colors anyway.

I can ride during the week, would love a proper tour. I feel like I'm missing a lot of good stuff when I explore on my own.
Wednesdays 6pm Sunrise lot. there's a weekly ride.

yeah... some new colors but i don't think trailforks is updated yet. but, then again, i never really know the colors anyway.

Wednesdays 6pm Sunrise lot. there's a weekly ride.

Awesome, thank you for this! I should be there this Wednesday!

Im still learning it myself so not sure if I can offer much of a tour just yet, but two explorers is always better than one lol. Im headed there Wednesday for the group ride so hopefully that will help! Look forward to riding soon

Im still learning it myself so not sure if I can offer much of a tour just yet, but two explorers is always better than one lol. Im headed there Wednesday for the group ride so hopefully that will help! Look forward to riding soon
This Wednesday I have plans but hopefully soon, see you out there.

Rode it last night...pretty dry and super fun. Hadn't ridden there in a while and it appears there are some "cheat" lines in a section or two...

Heads up there was a coyote on Patriots Path (white markers) while I was walking with my dogs at the top of the hill coming from Whitehead road. We turned around but it followed us until I started throwing rocks and sticks. Called it in as it didnt really run away from us. sorry folks no pics

main park bone dry. Tree down on yellow from back lot towards the bridge, back side of log over a bit steep but 100% rideable. Smaller tree down on Strava segment called "Road to Bridge DH" but messes with the flow.

Last edited:
main park bone dry. Tree down on yellow from back lot towards the bridge, back side of log over a bit steep but 100% rideable. Smaller tree down on Strava segment called "Road to Bridge DH" but messes with the flow.
Thanks. I was there last week on a full loop and took pics of the downage. sent a report into MCPC calling for chainsaw work. Director is away till June 14 so it could be a while.

Update: there are now 7 major blowdowns, one of which can’t be navigated. I wrote to Exec Director and he got me in touch with the Director of Park Maintenance. She responded that they are short staffed but will get to them as soon as possible. I marked on the map where the 7 are (see red lines). Let me know you find more. Thanks.
831BC910-F8BF-432C-A24C-A15E7DEB9AD8.jpeg

Update: there are now 7 major blowdowns, one of which can’t be navigated. I wrote to Exec Director and he got me in touch with the Director of Park Maintenance. She responded that they are short staffed but will get to them as soon as possible. I marked on the map where the 7 are (see red lines). Let me know you find more. Thanks.
View attachment 158667
Hey Greg. It's Dean Crago. Hope all is well. I was at LM on May 27th and saw at least two downed trees as well.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions