Lewis Morris Conditions

stilluf

Rode Lew Mo Sunday am. Trails nice and frozen. But too many frozen RUTS, especially on eroded southern trails. Bad MTB riders!! :mad:

Pointboy

Hiked the trails today with my Dog, pretty decent snow pack in the middle of the trail. Saw one guy on a fat bike and he was doing alright. On a disturbing note, two cars were broken into while we were gone. Side windows broken and items taken, police were there when we go back. Sunrise lake lot.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On a disturbing note, two cars were broken into while we were gone. Side windows broken and items taken, police were there when we go back. Sunrise lake lot.

Some cars got broken into at the main parking lot at the Tourne today too.

Geddy

That really sucks to hear about the cars getting broken into. I always leave my car unlocked so I don’t have to fumble with keys when I get back, won’t do that anymore.

Is the snow packed well enough for mid fat tires? I can air down pretty low but I wanna make sure it’s doable before I make the trip.

Geddy

Update: rode Lewis Morris on Monday 2/15. I ride a Trek Fuel Ex with 3" mid-fat tires. It was extremely difficult. Some fun fast descents in a foot and a half of pack (god forbid your front tire goes even a tiny bit off the packed stuff or have fun going OTB, like I did probably two dozen times). Saw one other guy on a bike, it was a fat bike - I'm sure he had a great time. I sure didn't!

Overall I give that ride 1 bag of popcorn and a little bronze statuette of a fat bike tire, because that's what I should have been riding.

Last edited:

Big Al

Rode a little bit of Lewis Morris yesterday. Trails are still 95% snow covered. It's not easy but it is mostly rideable with a fat bike. I did have to walk a couple of short sections with soft snow.
IMG_20210306_154558.jpg
IMG_20210306_170117.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions