Lewis Morris Challenge Pre Ride

Superfly100guy

Come join Team Marty's as we pre ride the 2014 Lewis Morris Challenge MTB race course on Wednesday June 18th from 5pm-8pm (weather permitting). Meet at the Pavilion 5:30pm as the ride goes off at 5:45pm sharp. The format will be 3 laps, 1st lap being at Cat 3 pace (45min), 2nd lap Cat 2 pace (38min) and 3rd lap Cat1/Pro (30min). Lap times are approximate. Course maps are available at martysreliable.com.

Wont be able to make it tonight, but i did get some laps in last night. Course is in great shape, sans the tree down at the end.

For those of you who pre-rode today...was the BIG downed tree on yellow (near the bridge across the stream on the west side) removed yet? I have mentioned it to MCPC twice now, but no word as to whether they cleaned it out. I am at their mercy as we are not allowed to use chainsaws in the park. Thanks.

For those of you who pre-rode today...was the BIG downed tree on yellow (near the bridge across the stream on the west side) removed yet? I have mentioned it to MCPC twice now, but no word as to whether they cleaned it out. I am at their mercy as we are not allowed to use chainsaws in the park. Thanks.

I was out early this afternoon and that tree is still down.

Marty had also called MCPC yesterday and they were headed out after lunch to remove it. Bottom line it's still there.

Great ride! Great mods to the course this year guys, nicely done and appreciated!! Definitely singlespeed friendly.

Last edited:
To be honest and in all seriousness, I didn't mind them. In fact, I was just talking about how I could possibly foot plant them without hitting my rear derailer on the tree...

Dismounting, hopping over and mounting was pretty quick.

I'm with Da Heckler and Mike. I LIKE the tree being down. This way I'm much less likely to overcook the bridge and end up highsiding it over the rail. Also I'm tall.

Back
Top Bottom