Let's see your Walmart bikes!

What should I build next with scrap parts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Opening day today
PXL_20240413_211205824.jpg

PXL_20240413_222408359.jpg

Now I know about bike fitting
PXL_20240413_211328008.jpg

Yep, thinking that may work. Was it hard keeping it round? A dropper may be an issue with wall thickness, but you only live once...
Nope. Just turned it as I went. Bought a cheap used one so if it didn't work I wasn't out much cash.

Rolling chassis
That 30.4 seatpost diameter will be a problem. But don't plan to ream the seat tube.View attachment 236153
Nice! It's coming up good, looking forward to see the finished build. What all stuff you upgrading?

Damn that front suspension might be more than what you paid for the bike. :D

You can just get a 27.2 dropper and use shims to make it fit. Why are you complicating it?

Nice! It's coming up good, looking forward to see the finished build. What all stuff you upgrading?

You can just get a 27.2 dropper and use shims to make it fit. Why are you complicating it?
That's probably the best option if you can find, or make, a shim that takes up the slack.

I don't have a 27.2 dropper. But that's probably the better option. Only keeping the frame. Nothing special on the fork, it's a Reba RL. Other interesting bits are XTR drivetrain and DT 240/Stans wheels.

Back
Top Bottom