Let me introduce myself

axeman_g

New guy here from Cherry Hill. Old man... used to ride mtb alot during college in Athens, Ga, even entered a race or two. Never did great, but finished and did not get hurt so that I was a win in my book.

Started riding a hybrid/commuter (Scott SUB 45) for exercise and gas saving last summer and am enjoying myself again. I loved single track and downhill stuff when i was younger so was thinking about getting myself another mtb and getting out and rising with my kids and possibly my wife. This will be light to med duty singletrack and path riding.

So I could use some guidance on some newer tech or even old school tech as I get back into this. I am actively trying to find my wife a used smaller mtb bike, nothing too fancy because she can barely ride on the street, long story but she never grew up riding a bike, but she is getting into it now. The boys are covered with some Jamis or Haro BMX bikes for now... as they get older we can get into mtbs and such.

I on the other hand am looking for a 29er SS, and possibly building one from frame up. What I want is a rigid fork, discs, SS that is strong enough to carry my fat rear (5'11" and 250) not worry about a ton of maintenance and just ride for fun. Looked at the SE Stoudt, Haro Mary and Redline, but I am a cheap ass also, so I would like to not spend a ton of money, unless the components are real quality.

So wish me luck on my quest... I have been reading with interest and am learning much info and refreshing what has been stored.

Welcome. Nice to see some more SJ riders. Some good choices for you to jump back into riding. Kresson Trails are beginner friendly and real close to you. There's also Camden County College, Gloucester County College and Ceres Park. If you're interested, there's a race at GCC on July 7th.

I saw an SE Stout at D&Q in CH over the weekend, didn't have discs, but it does have disc hubs and frame tabs.

Good luck,
JD

Welcome aboard and back to the sport...
check out the bikes for sale section there were a few SS's list in the past few weeks...

Back
Top Bottom