Let’s talk dropper posts

Update used it today for the first time since it was repaired/rebuilt. it lasted less than an hour and crapped out again. Stays down and won't hold when up.
Boo :mad:
KS blows. I had a carbon dropper which was like $450. After less than a year it started sagging a little when riding. So I sent it in for warranty.
They sent it back and they did fix it. However they included a note (which was hand written and copied indicating they use this same letter often) and it basically said, paraphrasing here….

This was not a legit warranty claim. We fixed it because we are super nice. Next time we won’t be so nice. And also stop getting your bike so dirty and washing it. ++ see our YouTube for directions on how to service it yourself.

Really not a nice letter. When I looked on the internet for the service instructions, I think I’d rather do a motor swap on my GTI.

They can GFT.

I would send it back and be pissed. Get it warrantied again and sell it like I did.

No note of Bike Yoke in here? My brand new Fox Transfer is not extending fully, so on to another brand I think.

I have a Rockshox Reverb Stealth C1 and it has been flawless and fabulous. It is my first and only dropper post, so I do not have any others to compare it to.

I believe the C1 is the current version of the hydraulic Reverb. I have had it about a year, and its been great.

No note of Bike Yoke in here? My brand new Fox Transfer is not extending fully, so on to another brand I think.
I have a Bike Yoke Revive 2.0 and its the best I have used. The only one that might have been better was a Thomson. They feel very similar.

I have a Bike Yoke Revive 2.0 and its the best I have used. The only one that might have been better was a Thomson. They feel very similar.
My Spot came with a Bike Yoke and I agree the feel is similar to the Thomson posts I've had. FWIW, they are also similar to the Manitou dropper posts I have as well. The Manitou posts may get replaced with Bike Yoke posts since the former are 150mm drop posts and both the bikes I have them on (Megatower and Chameleon) could use posts with more drop. Preferably 170mm.

Just bought a closeout KS LEV CI carbon post for a new project. How long before the familiar taste of regret and dismay sets in?

KS blows. I had a carbon dropper which was like $450. After less than a year it started sagging a little when riding. So I sent it in for warranty.
They sent it back and they did fix it. However they included a note (which was hand written and copied indicating they use this same letter often) and it basically said, paraphrasing here….

This was not a legit warranty claim. We fixed it because we are super nice. Next time we won’t be so nice. And also stop getting your bike so dirty and washing it. ++ see our YouTube for directions on how to service it yourself.

Really not a nice letter. When I looked on the internet for the service instructions, I think I’d rather do a motor swap on my GTI.

They can GFT.

I would send it back and be pissed. Get it warrantied again and sell it like I did.
I will say that they reply quickly. They said I am welcome to send it back again for repair, but suggested I have a bike shop look at it because it might be the way I'm installing it. I replied that it does it out of the bike on the bench, so it's not an install problem. Junk:banana:

Got a PNW loam and rode it for 20 hours. I liked the idea of being able to service my self and it was a factor in getting this dropper. Coming off a fox factory, it just felt second rate. The lowering was not silky smooth but the return was fine. For some reason when the dropper was down, if you grab the seat, the post moves up about 1/2”. This really doesn’t affect performance but it bothered me for some reason.
In the end, I got the ‘21 fox and due to the revised design, I could fit a 175, win win! The buttery smoothness is excellent. Sure, it is $100 more but I feel it is well worth the extra money.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, I have about 40-50 hours on a PNW Loam myself. No issues and haven't experienced the 1/2" issue mentioned above. I did reduced travel from 200mm to 190mm early on as it felt like the actuator wasn't super smooth — I suspect the 200mm was resulting in a tight bend inside my frame. Two thumbs up for me.

Prior to the Loam, I had a first generation Crank Brothers Highline. I must say that it was pretty bombproof and foolproof. Only reason I replaced it was to get a longer dropper, but it otherwise still functions perfectly.

I have probably owned 11 droppahs---thanks in part to a certain bike company, which made a "Command" model, due I am sure, because someone else got to the more accurate "POS" name first. Thomson and Fox seem to last longer with less trouble and are well warrantied.

I'm looking for a new or good used dropper post with external cable 27.2 and no less than 100 travel. Anything but KS.
All I seem to find is 50mm travel. Thanks

I'm looking for a new or good used dropper post with external cable 27.2 and no less than 100 travel. Anything but KS.
All I seem to find is 50mm travel. Thanks

Never used one, but their stuff is supposed to be reasonably good. If you have the stomach to wade through their catalogue, you can look into Tranzx, and try to figure out who actually sells what model.

Never used one, but their stuff is supposed to be reasonably good. If you have the stomach to wade through their catalogue, you can look into Tranzx, and try to figure out who actually sells what model.
Thanks, this is going to take a little figuring out, it's not for bikes with a shifter on the left side for the front chainring

Back
Top Bottom